Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 17, 2006, 9:32 AM   #1

Hi..

I have a Fuji S3Pro and have owned it for about 6 months now. I tend to stick with the one lens as I'm always worried about getting dust inside. I have noticed looking through the viewfinder that theres a hair that can be seen. I have checked the mirror and also the focusing screen and cant see it there. My image sensor is also clean. Obvious question now.... How do I find It and remove it? It drives me mad seeing it there.

Thanx for any advice given....

Richard
Richimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2006, 1:18 AM   #2

Since the S3 is based on the same type body as the D100/70/70s/50, you can't really open up the viewfinder to clean it, you're stuck with a fixed lens. The hair you talk about could be behind that lens, and only Fuji service (or a third party camera repair center) might be able to clean that out for you. Most of the time it's well sealed, but few times dust can get lodged in there. Good luck!
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:48 PM   #3

The hair you see is on the focusing screen. If it is small, it may be on the surface that faces down and can be removed vith a small brush.Just remove the lens and carefully use the brush* at the same time looking through the viewfinder. If you see both the brush and the hair and the hair does not move, it is on the other side of the focusing screen.*
Radu Grozescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:56 PM   #4

Thanx for your advice... I think the marks & hair are on the otherside of the focusing screen. I normally use a blower to remove dust & I was advised not to use them just in case dust is blown elsewhere by the blower. I think in my case that is whats happend. Can the focusing screen be removed for cleaning maybe?

Richard
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:07 PM   #5

I just had a look at my camera and I think it can be done, but I wouldn't try it :-)If you have a Nikon service nearby or a photo repairman, you can pay them a visit.
Radu Grozescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:15 PM   #6

Yep that sounds the best option... Will look for my nearest Nikon Service Center.

Richard