Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:26 AM   #1
Ivo

Default S2 Pro (p)review

Hi Steve,

thank You for all Your reviews and so.

Your pages (and Phils Askey's and Dave Etchell's too) are really great help for me and my digi friends hier in middle of Europe.

But when I can, a want ask You - what is so "top secret" on the Fuji FinePix S2 Pro?

Nobady (You, Phil, Dave...) writes about this new camera, but lot of people have this one yet...

Please, can You say when You plan to release some preview (good) or preview (best) ?
About one week, two weeks or about one month?

Thanks and best regards

Ivo

P.S.
I am sorry for my terrible english, but I learn english language and I am not so young. I can read (all) technical texts (best about digital cameras of course), but some talking or writing is not so easy for me.
Ivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:43 PM   #2
Administrator

The reason that none of us have posted any previews or reviews of the S2 Pro is because Fuji hasn't sent us one yet.

We were told that we would receive a camera near the end of July - at that time they also said that no S2's would be available for sale until several weeks after that. So I guess that someone in Japan speeded things up and got the cameras to the dealers but not to us reviewers.

All I can say is to watch the News page, we'll let you know when we post our review but for now we don't know when.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 8:00 PM   #3

Default Steve

The S2 is out there being sent to customers now. Are you resticted by a NDA?
M. Haner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 5:16 AM   #4
Ivo

Default Thanks to Steve

Hi Steve,

thank You very much for Your answer.

If I understand good, I think that not only Fuji (with S2) but Nikon too hasn't sent one D100 (full production version) yet, because Your opinion about D100 is not released.

Thanks and regards from

Ivo
Ivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 8:58 AM   #5

This is what I think happened:

Fuji had 160 cameras earmarked for the reviewers/demo crowd.

Nikon Shipped the D100 to customers and end-users.

Fuji decided to ship the 160 S2's to customers and end users instead of the reviewers. My guess is they decided it would be better to ship the same week as the D100 and that they would get plenty of "good press" in the court of public opinion (These message boards).

I'm happy w/ the situation - because my S2 arrives today... FWIW, I think each of the big mail order shops got like 10 or 20 S2's max.

Cheers
James Wiseman
jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote