Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old May 26, 2006, 6:44 AM   #1

Hi Guys,

I read on the Fuji US website that the S3 Pro now has a 256MB buffer to take 8 frames a second as opposed to 3. Anyone know about this? Is it now standard on new cameras or is it just an upgrade only deal?

I'm thinking of buying one of these cameras as an upgrade from my Minolta Dynax 5D. Only reservation is the shooting speed, or rather the time taken to write to buffer. Looking for real world advice on this camera. I always imagined that taking photos of a bride walking down the aisle would require a shot say every 3-4 seconds. I understand that if writind in D-wide in Raw, the write time is around 14secs, so even with an improved buffer, you must run out of shots, even at this slow pace.

Any feedback? Lastly, I take it this will work with new Tamron and Sigma Nikon fit lenses??

Thanks,

Steve
Adambrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2006, 11:45 AM   #2

Are there any S3 users out there or is this a real dead duck??
Adambrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:31 PM   #3

Adambrae wrote:
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I read on the Fuji US website that the S3 Pro now has a 256MB buffer to take 8 frames a second as opposed to 3. Anyone know about this? Is it now standard on new cameras or is it just an upgrade only deal?
Far as I know, the buffer upgrade only increases the number of images you can take in burst mode before slowing down from 3 fps. In RAW D-wide mode, a standard S3 Pro can take 3 pics before slowing down, but the upgrade raises that to 8 pics.

Officially, I don't know if upgraded S3 Pro's are to be sold in the US, but the upgrade is available worldwide, so stores may sell a version that they got upgraded themselves.
DropZone is offline   Reply With Quote