Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:44 AM   #1

I use my Fuji for close up/Macro shots in my office(Dental) about 1-2x per week. I put fresh AA Energizers in on 6/20/06 and have taken 11 shots with SB-29 Flash unit and 105mm Macro lense on manual focus over the last month. The batteries were dead on Tuesday(07/25/06). The camera sales person at Washington Scientific Camera in Seattle told me not to use the CR123 batteries because I don't need them for this type of photography, they're expensive, and I'll wear them out needlessly. Is this type of battery performance normal? I can't see buying four new AAs each month for so little photography. Do the NiMH last longer?? Thanks for any info.

Dave
rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2006, 4:00 PM   #2
Administrator

Alkaines are next to worthless for use in most digital cameras. See this article.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 5:34 PM   #3

rammer wrote:
Quote:
I use my Fuji for close up/Macro shots in my office(Dental) about 1-2x per week. I put fresh AA Energizers in on 6/20/06 and have taken 11 shots with SB-29 Flash unit and 105mm Macro lense on manual focus over the last month. The batteries were dead on Tuesday(07/25/06). The camera sales person at Washington Scientific Camera in Seattle told me not to use the CR123 batteries because I don't need them for this type of photography, they're expensive, and I'll wear them out needlessly. Is this type of battery performance normal? I can't see buying four new AAs each month for so little photography. Do the NiMH last longer?? Thanks for any info.

Dave
How are the CR123s interchangable with AAs? I think they are a different length and width.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote