Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:48 AM   #1

Sorry to be a pest...my ebay S1 Pro arrived (no manual yet) and after I installed the batteries and card and then turned it on, it is flashing F---. Physically the camera is a 9 out of 10. But the small info screen on the back has a dark place in it and nothing happens when I depress the shutter button. Does anyone have any ideas about this...I only paid 200.00 for the camera, but could be I just wasted my money. I wonder if it is fixable...thanks, Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:01 AM   #2

I don't own an S1, but a D70, and assuming this is true across Nikon bodies, the error seems to indicates either: a) no lens attached, b) manual focus lens attached, or c) aperture ring not locked into minimum aperture.
thebac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:33 AM   #3

I have the S3 pro and used to suffer from this problem. I found that by switching the camera 'on and off' it would eventually sort itself out. Thebac is correct that this fault normally presents itself when no lens or a non-CPU lens (manual focus) is attachedto the body. However, if you are interested I can send you the S1 manual (2.5Mb) if you supplyyoure-mail address. Hope that this helps?
Mad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:40 AM   #4

I sent the camera away and it was too expensive to fix. I have it on ebay for parts. I bought it on ebay and I guess I didn't ask enough questions. I still want to buy a fuji pro just don't know where to find a used one I can trust. Do you really like yours, I understand they are slow but have great color, dynamic range and good low light capabilities. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:01 PM   #5

Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear thatthat your S1is uneconomical to repair. I bought the S3 Pro - my first DSLR - for general photography and weddings (after serving an apprenticeship).Overall, I am happy with my purchase, especially as I was able to pick it up for £535 (about $1000). The camera does have a good following with professional wedding photographers and landscape aficionados because of the dynamic range, colour renditionand handling characteristics. For these purposes it performs well, but for normal shooting the slow write speedscan bean issue.

I'm afraid that it's always a lottery buying secondhand and online. Unfortunately, I am not aware what is available in the States, howeverI tried a quick google search andfound thiswebsite:

http://www.adpost.com/us/camera/

Otherwise, you could try forums such as this and sound it out. Good luck.
Mad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote