Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:22 AM   #1

Well I'm ready to move along. I have a D70 and have invested in some nice glass over the last two years. I am ready to invest in a nicer body and am considerng an S3 Pro or Nikon D200. Anybody with both (or not) have any useful info regarding the end product.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Steve
colasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:05 PM   #2

For what it's worth, I have always heard the the fuji is known for its dynamic range, skin tones etc...while the nikon is faster. The fuji seems to be the camera of choice for wedding photographers, if thats any indication of its preferred application. I have a S1 pro in repair now, I won it on ebay for a very low bid and it didn't work. But I managed to print one photo from it before it died and it was very nice. D. Ann
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 5:05 PM   #3

...one more thing,I just read on dpreview of a man who owned both the above mentrioned cameras, he sold the nikon and kept the fuji because it suited his needs better...but he said the nikon was a better "all around" camera, he just loved the dynamic range of his fuji. donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:14 PM   #4

I own both the S3 and D200. The S3 is better at portraits, it has better skin tones and has a little better dynamic range. Landscapes are about even with a little edge to the S3 due to the film simulation modes. Macro and other types of photography especially anything to do with speed, the edge by far goes to D200. I love both cameras but for different reasons. The one thing I would endorse for either camera is the 18-200mm VR lens.
prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:39 PM   #5

Thanks

Your input is appreciated

Steve
Old Sep 16, 2006, 8:57 PM   #6

Or you could wait a while longer for the yet announced Fuji S5 based on a D200 body, posts in the Fuji slr forum on dpreview have indicated that this will be the next Fuji dslr.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:12 AM   #7

Considering how close we are to Photokina, I would at least wait until it is over before making any decisions.

I had the S2 and got rid of it as it was an underperforming camera. The S3 is worse, in my opinion. On the plus side, Fuji does make very good sensors. It sure would be nice if Nikon were to start using the Fuji sensor in some of their cameras.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:11 PM   #8

Well I saw the leaked post from earlier, should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Steve
Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:26 AM   #9
NHL

amazingthailand wrote:
Quote:
It sure would be nice if Nikon were to start using the Fuji sensor in some of their cameras.
It does look like it, a D200 with the Fuji's sensor: http://www2.photim.com/info/Sommaire.php
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote