Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm X-Series

Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:36 PM   #1

Default X-T1 Preview

This sounds to be the camera I have been waiting for for quite a while.
Very Good EVF. Interchangeable lenses. Cold resistant. Control dials instead of menus for changing settings. Just like a real camera, only better!
One correction for the preview, though. Fuji claims it is cold resistant to -10 degrees C, which is 14 degrees F, not -14 degrees.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2014, 4:30 PM   #2

It maybe the perfect camera, can't wait to see some real reviews.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2014, 5:27 PM   #3
gordymohr

........as with every new camera, its over-hyped. give it 3 months and then the moaning and groaning will start. I would be very very surprised if the af truly tracks like they claim.

would I want one? Yes, but I would like to get a wide angle lens before a new body. The new 10-24 is what Im lusting after but the 14mm is on sale now, decisions, decisions
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
This sounds to be the camera I have been waiting for for quite a while.
Very Good EVF. Interchangeable lenses. Cold resistant. Control dials instead of menus for changing settings. Just like a real camera, only better!
One correction for the preview, though. Fuji claims it is cold resistant to -10 degrees C, which is 14 degrees F, not -14 degrees.

brian
Yes sir the XT-1 ticks a lot of boxes and those control dials are just what I've been looking for. I am committed to micro four thirds but the Fuji XT-1 has me contemplating making the switch, from what I see the high ISO capability blows even the latest EM-1 out of the water above 1600 which is very nice.

The only thing I think I'd like is a bit longer lens but I guess that's on the road map... Gonna be a tough call when I go to upgrade from my current camera between Fuji and Olympus, the Olympus glass which is excellent seems to be matched by Fuji more and more every day, although the Olympus glass is still a tad cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordymohr View Post
........as with every new camera, its over-hyped. give it 3 months and then the moaning and groaning will start. I would be very very surprised if the af truly tracks like they claim.

would I want one? Yes, but I would like to get a wide angle lens before a new body. The new 10-24 is what Im lusting after but the 14mm is on sale now, decisions, decisions
ThecamerastoreTV has posted a hands on video with the XT-1 and they demonstrate some pretty good tracking of moving cars with the XT-1. For a mirror-less it seems about as good as it gets. They also mention the 10-24 and it sounds to be a stunner.

http://youtu.be/nW8Cz_v3w1E