Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm X-Series

Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:18 PM   #1

Default My Fujifilm X-T2 for ELLE Magazine

To all of you Fashion aficionados.

For those of you who do not know me, I am a professional Fashion Photographer with over 30 years of experience in this metier. I have worked for magazines the likes of Harper’s BAZAAR, VOGUE, GLAMOUR, ELLE, L’OFFICIEL, STYLE, POST, etc.

I was sponsored by both Canon and Pentax in the past and have been using Nikon for several years for all of my pro applications and in fact the Nikon FM2 was my first pro camera when I commenced in the early 80's. I have owned most of the Nikon analogue cameras, Canon digital, Pentax 67's and Fujifilm 680 analogue systems and have also shot large sheet film 4x5 and 8x10 cameras and polaroids.

All of my present works that have been published have been with Nikon. I recently acquired a small yet very efficient Fujifilm system comprised of a Fujifilm X-T2 and three of their lenses, the 35mm f/1.4, 56mm f/1.2 and 90mm f/2.0. I have a major shoot coming up this Friday for one of the ELLE (International Editions) Fashion Magazine. It is going to be shot in studio. It will be 12 pages. I was not sure if I should risk going to the shoot with just one body, as I haven't yet received my second body that I would consider a safety.

However, after playing with my toy for the last 4 weeks since receiving it, I am convinced without a doubt that it will do the job required. Why not? I will bring a Nikon D800e body and a 50 and 85mm lens just in case the worse happens and I forget how to use the camera or...

But I have to say, that I have been gobstruck by 1. How quickly all of my lenses acquire focus and nail it perfectly. I mean wide open and not on the phase detect centre quadrant but the peripheral contrast detect area. 2. How incredibly sharp with micro contrast these lenses are 3. Having all of those focus points without having to focus and recompose....yayyyyyy!!!!! 4. That joy of using the toggle 5. Seeing the image before it is taken (kind of being able to look into the future. 6. The ergonomics 7. The most beautiful camera I have ever held 8....will add more when I am not so sleepy.

I know it is not 36.3 megapixels (of which I use around 32 megapixels after cropping to the magazine format), It is 24 megapixels or around 22 megapixels when cropped to most of the magazine formats out there, which is still larger than the Canon 5D Mark lll was or is.

So, I will bite the proverbial bullet and get my Fujifilm X-T2 published in ELLE magazine coming out in their February Issue in the third week of January. Stay posted....

Last edited by benjikan; Nov 15, 2017 at 5:41 PM.
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:19 PM   #2

Just for fun...the 56mm f/1.2 shot at f/1.2 not using a tripod hand held....
Attached Images

Last edited by benjikan; Nov 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:27 AM   #3
JR1

Talk about blowing your own trumpet, what do you want a medal for what you have done

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotography.co.uk
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
Talk about blowing your own trumpet, what do you want a medal for what you have done
Yes, that could work. What are you suggesting?