Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm X-Series

Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:04 PM   #1

Default Today my 1st Pro Shoot with the X-T2 for ELLE magazine

My short and sweet brief review...I am too exhausted to write any more for now...Well, today was the first time I used my Fujifilm X-T2 for a professional shoot. It was a 10 page fashion editorial inside cover and cover try shoot for ELLE (International Version) magazine. Shot in studio.

I started in AF manual 325 focus point selection mode and quickly chaged to face detect mode. So much faster for what I was doing. I reverted back to manual focus point selection on occassion and seemed to get lazy quickly and revert back to face detect. Being that I was shooting at f/2.8 to f/4.0 I had a bt more depth of field to play with. I also need to take off my glasses and set my diopter to shoot without them. The sharpness and speed is pretty amazing. I used the 35mm f/1.4 and 56mm f/1.2 for the whole shoot. I also own the 90mm f/2.0 lens.

I still need to get used to the placement of my thumb on the joy stick on the battery grip to take more control of the AF points selection.

It was just another shoot using a tool that worked and took some getting iused to.

I shot in manual mode for shutter speed, iso and aperture control. All at 200iso.

To be honest, I xouldn't really tell the diffeence between the Nikon and Fujifilm, as after a few hundred shots you start forgeting the interface you are using and that is the sign of a good tool.

When the embargo is lifted in the third week of January, I will share the story with you.

Any questions?

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; Nov 17, 2017 at 6:17 PM.
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links