Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm X-Series

Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:07 PM   #1

Default My Fujifilm X-T3 Predictions

Well here goes...why not? We all do ponder the future developments of different brands, so here goes my predictions for the new up and coming Fujifilm X-T3 APS-C format camera. I can see a 1.35 to 1.40 cropped back-illuminated sensor, with the possibility of cropping down to 1.5 or a square cropped 1:1 format as well. It will be a 30.6-megapixel sensor, with in-camera stabilization for specific lenses that can work within the given restraints of that format. However, when switched to he 1.5 format it will work on all lenses. In 1.5 crop format the camera will be approximately 28 megapixels.

The iso range will be from 100 to 12800 native and extended to 50 iso at the low end and 51200 at the high end. 4K video at 60 fps and 240 fps in HD mode. The focus points will extend one full row over the existing layout at approximately 420 focus points and will cover over 90% of the viewfinder. The AF accuracy will be improved and you will have complete control over the AF using the new touchscreen borrowed from the X-T20, but, you will be able to use all of the menu functions as well. (Long Shot) Fuji will also add voice-activated commands for key functions, kind of like SIRI on the iPhones.

Of course, to attract more pros using FF, they will implement my recommendations for a 90mm f/1.4, 135mm f/1.8 or 2.0 and 50-14 f/1.8 or 2.0 lens to match the lenses used by pros on their FF cameras. Fujifilm is well covered at the wider end of their lens lineup but will upgrade their already fabulous 23, 35 and 56mm fast aperture lenses.
There you have it for now...I will amend as other thoughts come to mind.

Ben

www.benjaminkanarek.com
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links