Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:45 PM   #1

Hello again,* here are some shots I took this afternoon and the PF is back and more agressive than ever. Problem is I have three weeks left to take it back to Sears under "30 days no hassle money back". I thought about what you friends* wrotein your posts as contacting Fuji but I don't want to do that since that's hassle and I don't know what they would do more for me than Sears. It's brand new. I don't see why I should contact Fuji's customer service and send my camera (pay postage), wait for months and losing the Sears' 30 days satisfaction plan. I'm really disappointed. I expected so much from a Fuji camera. The amount of PF is just unacceptable even if it's widely accepted that big zooms tend to have it. I would like very much if someone could explain to me if I should shut up and put up instead going back to Sears. Poor and disappointed Germain.[img]/forums/images/emoticons/shakehead.gif[/img]
Attached Images

Karmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:46 PM   #2

Here's photo numer two...
Attached Images

Old Sep 5, 2006, 1:34 AM   #3

Germain, I still think there's something wrong with your S5200. I've tried, but I simply can't replicate the levels of PF you're experiencing. I would take the camera back to Sears and have them replace it with another one - there's no need to even contact Fuji. If Sears won't replace it, just tell them you won't be shopping there anymore. That usually does the trick.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:35 AM   #4

I agree. The problem seems to be severe with your particular camera. If you like the camera except for this problem, go exchange it and try another one. It isn't worth worrying over. Just go make the exchange.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:13 AM   #5

What the 2 of them said!!!

Take it back and get the same model again. I think your specific camera is defective (either the lens or sensor/processors).

If you don't want to go Fuji, then look at possibly what Panasonic (beware of noise issues though) orCanon (but note that they don't have raw on the S3) has to offer.

Personanly I think Fuji, Panasonic, and Canon have the best big zooms. Sony is decent and I would stay away form most kodak zooms. Again these are just my opinions.
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:05 PM   #6

Hello friends and so many thanks for all your answers. You do cheer me up a bit. I'm taking back the camera to Sears and I will go for another S5200 cause I really like the little beast. Ifthe PF is as bad on the new one , I will have to say goodbye to Fuji even if it means that the batch of S5200 at Sears is defective as some of you pointed out (my specific camera could be defeftive sensor/processors or lens) because I had the camera for a real bargain. $325 CDN with taxes. At the present, the S5200 is $349 CDN before TX in all stores. The Source (Radio Shack), Staples, etc.* Germain.*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/oogle.gif[/img]