Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:07 PM   #11

Second image
Attached Images

Tom 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:09 PM   #12

Third image: note that this one is only showing the right hand portion of the original image. The composition had the middle off in the distance (hence depth of field made things look blurry). So I chose the side but I suspect some of the quality is not as good closer to the edge.
Attached Images

Old Sep 22, 2006, 4:11 PM   #13

That is great! Thanks.

keep posting - these are the only images available from the 9100/9600 that i have seen on the web.

As i posted before...a range of samples would be AWESOME.
OneFotoGenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:49 PM   #14

I do not think you have posted any shots taken at ISO 1600, unless I am mistaken. If you can, please post a few at this ISO.

Thanks, Lee.

LeeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:41 PM   #15

Thanks for the review and the posted photos. I'm seriously considering buying one as soon as they are out.

One thing I'm curious about is the Fuji RAW conversion software. One of the camera store websites kind of infers that the RAW utility with the 9100 gives more control over the RAW images than the one with the earlier cameras.

Can you confirm that one way or another please? I love the control that I can have with the RAW utilities with my Nikon and Minolta cameras and the limited control with the older Fuji utility is the only thing that is keeping me from putting in an order right now.

Thanks!
RuidosoDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 7:31 AM   #16

Unfortunately, I can't confirm or deny the control over RAW conversion as I don't use RAW. One of the most important qualtities for me is shot to shot times as I tend to shoot candids and travel photos. I haven't even loaded the software yet. Also, I've never used any previous Fujifilm camera with RAW support so I couldn't compare. If you give me some direction on what to look for in the software, I could install it and rummage around the menus and things. Sorry I can't be any more help.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 4:04 PM   #17

Thanks for the reply and offer to investigate.

A good RAW utility allows you to make post shot changes in the ISO, the white balance, brightness, contrast, ccolor (saturation and or tint), change the ev etc. A really good one will also let you adjust each individual color channel, adjust sharpness, change your curves, do rotations.... even simulate different lighting effects... All without any detail / data loss as with jpeg adjustments.

From what I understand, the older Fuji RAW utility did none of those, merely converted RAW to TIF

I love shooting RAW, because it allows me to make up for a lot of sloppy, careless exposures.
RuidosoDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:17 AM   #18

OK ... thanks. I'm hoping to get some ISO 1600 pics posted and I'll try to get to the software this week or weekend. Sorry for the delay. Work's hell right now. Tom.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:07 AM   #19

.... more s9600 pictures

http://product.pchome.net/pro2005/pr...oduct_id=44690
Thonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:17 AM   #20

I was asked to post some pics at different ISO's and in particular at 1600. The following pics are the same compositions with ISO varying from 80/100/200/400/800/1600. Aperture priority with f/5.6. All at 28mm (35mm equiv). Shutters varied from 1/60 at ISO 80 and up. The first image is the complete pic at 1600 reduced to 20% or original to fit this posting. The rest are small crops. All hand-held and no post-processing except for cropping and resizing for the complete pic. Tom.
Attached Images