Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:48 PM   #21

The card write speed will make a difference..... All memory has specific speeds at which data can be transfered. The HXD card claims to have a higher write speed so I would like to know if it makes any difference when shooting in RAW as it appears that the S9000 only has a buffer large enough to handle one RAW file at a time.

Therefore transfer speed is a huge issue with this camera. Waiting to take the next shot while the camera is doing a transfer from the buffer to the XD card... is painful.
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:26 PM   #22

just checked mine, sn=61Q53923 bought about three months ago, about 11-12 sec's shooting in RAW usinga 1Gb Sandisk Ultra 2 CF card.

sorry my friend but you must be shooting jpeg's.
mansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:34 PM   #23

Mansell.. I'm not sure what write speed the ultra has.... is this an M or H type XD card.
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:47 PM   #24

No, he is using a CF card. And it isn't going to provide any benefit to purchase high-speed CF cards, because the camera doesn't have any technology to take advantage of the higher speed. CF cards typically write at a slower speed than xD cards in this camera model.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote