Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:47 AM   #1

I recently purchased the olympus 1GB xD type H card for my S5100 and it works great, however the xD card reader I have won't read it (sandisk sddr-95). I was wondering if anyone has a card reader that reads the type H card, and if so, what is the brand/model #. I've been looking through so many sites looking for card readers that specify they are compatible with type H cards, I've found ones that say compatible with type M cards, but no type H.
badliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2006, 3:38 PM   #2

It is my understanding that Olympus has a card reader that will do the job. I don't remember the model number but I recall that it has the number 300 in it. Sorry that I cannot be more helpful.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:43 PM   #3

I have a LaCie Imatumi card reader with firmware version 3.62 (originally 3.17) and it properly reads both my type M 1GB XD cards (Olympus and Fuji - both made in Japan) and my type H 1GB XD card (Olympus - made in Korea). This card reader is advertised as XD type M compatible on the packaging (no mention of type H).

There seem to be different hardware versions of the LaCie Imatumi reader with correspondingly different firmware upgrades available. I can only comment on the one I have.

By the way, type H is significantly faster than type M in both my card reader and my S9000 for read/write operations (especially noticeable for RAW picture taking).

I also have a Lexar RW018 that is incompatible with both Type H and type M XD cards

Darry

darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:28 PM   #4

How much faster for RAW pics Darry?????
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
How much faster for RAW pics Darry????
with the XD type H, it takes 7 seconds from shutter button full press until the "busy" LED turns off (auto-focus was achieved by pressing shutter button halfway [img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img]before starting the timer).

I do not remember the exact time for the type M cards, but I believe it was about 12 or so seconds. I cannot re-test them, as I have lent them to a friend who will likely end up buying them from me.

Darry
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:42 PM   #6

Well, the speed you are reporting is consistent with what I am experiencing. I don't have a type "H", only type "M". But read this thread and tell me what you think. Something has to be wrong, in my opinion.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Well, the speed you are reporting is consistent with what I am experiencing. I don't have a type "H", only type "M". But read this thread and tell me what you think. Something has to be wrong, in my opinion.
Well, I would really like to know how/why they are getting those results. For the record, the firmware version on my S9000 is 1.02 and serial number begins with 61A . All my tests were run in natural light mode.

By the way, I also happen to use a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB Compact Flash card in the camera . With this card, a raw picture can be recorded in 10 seconds.

Darry