Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:02 AM   #1

In case you didn't know, Fuji is offering a $50 rebate on both of these cameras.
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/...Promotions.jsp

I called them and to qualify, you must purchase a Valid USA model. On the rebate form is says it must be from an authorized dealer (which is a good idea anyway), but the customer service rep I spoke to said otherwise. Basically the UPC code on the box must begin with 74101. If you have that on your camera, you're fine.

The following are good dealers linked from Fuji's site, so they are probably legit. I used one of them myself: http://tinyurl.com/ygqcqf definitely check out the prices at all these shops.

sorry if I'm repeating anyone else's post.
digraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:57 PM   #2

Where do you see the F20?

Tostada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:33 PM   #3

oops, my bad. just F30/s6000
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:13 PM   #4

Just checking ... because the rebate is what really sealed the deal for the F30 for me. I'd seriously have to consider the F20 if it also had the rebate.

Old Oct 18, 2006, 5:50 PM   #5

Thanks for the heads-up on the rebate. I see it's good on purchases through 1/31/07. Now, what are the chances that the price on the S6000FD will drop after Christmas? I'm betting it's pretty good. Let's see...Norman Camera has it for $399 (delivered) right now...after the holiday season...with the rebate...probably be able to pick one up for less than $300. That would be a fair price.

Of course then they'll come out with the S6100FD, with a faster lens and ISO 6400 or something. Oh well.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:12 PM   #6

Yeah, who knows what'll happen by January.

It's amazing how many cameras are less than 1 year old and discontinued. These things have a shorter product cycle than video cards.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:23 AM   #7

Yeah, I have a feeling prices will drop as we head into the holiday season. With SO many great cameras on the market right now, competition is fierce! I also thing the final price has to do with demand. Judging from the forums, a lot of people want to get their hands on the s6000/f30.

That said, getting my s6000 for $350 sealed the deal for me, and everyone has their own price issues.

You know what tho - the same thing I learned about computer shopping applies to digital cameras, the best value is spending the most you can for the latest technology at the time of purchase.