Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 9, 2003, 9:09 PM   #1

Default Add on lens' for the 602

Can a telephoto lens be added to the 602??? Or better yet , can any lens be added if I have an adapter ???
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2003, 1:14 PM   #2

Yes, Fujifilm themselves sell both a 55mm Telephoto lens, and a 55mm Wideangle Lens, for which u would need to also purchase the adapter from fuji.

The telephoto lens adds approxiamtely 1.5x optical zoom power, so your camera would jump form 6x to 7.5 effectively.

I don't know much about 3rd party brands, but I don't see why there would be any issues using a 3rd party lens, as long as it was 55mm.

I would also buy a 55mm filter, sky/UV (they are very cheap) and leave the adapter on 24/7 to protect the lens.
Photodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 1:21 PM   #3

Thanks so much for your reply ! That helps alot in my decision between the fuji finepix s602 , and the minolta 7i & 7hi. I'm so confused
Old Jun 10, 2003, 1:31 PM   #4

Well, i'd be lying if I had any experience with digital camera's, I only bought my first one last week.

It was the Fujifilm s304, the model below your's. They are very similar in design, and I can tell you that this camera is absolutely fantastic.

Obviously my opinion is completely subjective, its my first cam, but speaking about a few of the features, I can't imagine using a cam without 6x zoom, 3x is barely a zoom.

The quality on automode is nothing short of stunning, and even with my minor manual freedom (your's will be much better) on the camera I can start to make photo's look how I want them to.

Basically, I think the s304 is stunning, and to think the 602 is miles better well, it must be godlike

Best thing to do is read as many reviews as you can from various sites on each camera. I always think comparing hardware is pointless, because there is never an all round perfect camera, some are good for one type of photography, others for another. The fuji's obvious main advantage is alot of manual freedom, great movie mode and a kickass zoom, which can be further improved with the addition of a telephoto lens.

However, hypothetically speaking, the second camera you mentioned may be superior for close range macro shots.

I guess its just about what you want. Like I said, just read as many reviews as you can on each of them, and remember that its all down to what YOU need out of the camera.
Photodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 1:41 PM   #5

Hey again , thanks for letting me know your opinion of the 304 - it does help in knowing what the 602 would be like !