Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 11, 2003, 7:34 PM   #1

Default Ease of use Fuji S602z

Hi all....

I have a Minolta Dimage 7i....which I have used maybe 3x, I can't figure it out, too complicated for me. When I bought it I had been considering the Fuji S602z but went for the Minolta because of the extra MP.

Anyways, I just wanted to know how simple it is to set it up to use for indoor sports mostly. Some outdoor, and then of course the regular indoor/outdoor pictures.

I find the 7i just way too complicated. But if the Fuji is just as complicated I might as well keep it, instead of losing money on it.

Thanks
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2003, 9:22 PM   #2
djb

i don't find the s602z too difficult to use. i t does have so many features (as does the minolta 7i) that it takes time to learn everything. i probably will never use all the functions this camera has. if you want to get an idea of what it is like and all the functions here's a link to the user guide.

http://home.fujifilm.com/products/di.../fx_s602_c.pdf

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2003, 9:33 PM   #3

Default Ease of use Fuji S602z

I bought my S602z with the hopes of using it to do indoor sports shots last winter, basketball is big around here. I shot a little over 500 pictures some without flash and some with the pop up flash. One thing I have found is that when you start using the higher ISO ratings the photos become grainy (just like print film).

As for ease of use, I am not familiar with the Minolta but I find the S602z fairly easy to use and love some of the features. The book of instructions explains thing fairly well. I am sure the Minolta will become easier to you as you become more familiar with the features.
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 7:32 PM   #4

K1Par,

How have you cleaned up the graininess on your photos? I took some at a wrestling meet this past weekend. I didn't take too many. I used the flash with the sports mode and iso 400. They were a tad dark, so I played with them in Photoshop and PSP. I ordered the prints thru Shutterfly to see how they will turn out.

Any advice? My son has a basketball game on Thursday.....
JBsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 11:31 PM   #5
SSD

The Fujis is easy to use. I am kind of a dummy when it comes to technical stuff, but I found the 602 easy to use and the Manual was also easy to understand. No complaints here.........
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 7:59 PM   #6

I haven't been able to get any basketball shots yet, but these past couple days I took some indoor shots of a wrestling camp.

Here is the link. Not great, but overall I am pleased......

http://community.webshots.com/user/darattack

I just put it in sports mode and shot. Any advice to make them better? Also used ISO400 with flash. I had to fix red eyes, and I cleaned up most of the noise.
Old Jun 29, 2003, 4:22 PM   #7

If this was internal flash the result is pretty good! If you didn't use external flash, I'd give that a try with a more powerful unit to get more contrast and sparkle in the shots, and lift your light above the ring light level. At least you seemed to get close in, and this is ideal to get good results from flash. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:06 AM   #8

Thanks Vox. I did use the internal flash. I have a Vivitar 283, but it didn't come with instructions so I am afraid to use it. I am going to purchase something else soon. I honestly don't know all the settings to put the external flash on....so hoping the one I get will have a manual! LOL