Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:42 PM   #1

Hello, I need some fast help here. I have a fuji S5100. How can I get my pictures to take without being blurry? Seems whenever my son moves and I snap a picture it blurs. I have tried to put it on the sports icon but it doesnt seem to help. Is there a way to get the shutter to open and close faster? Thank you for any help you give me!
Subnet76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:10 PM   #2

Subnet,

Could be several factors contributing to the blurring. As a rule, the faster the shutter speed, the less blurring will occur. Too slow a shutter speed will not freeze any action. You might be moving the camera while snapping the pic. You may not be pre-focusing by holding the shutter release half way down. Your boy may be too darn fast to be captured by modern photographic equipment...but think of the Olympic potential...

Try posting a couple of pics that didn't turn out too well (with EXIF data attached), and maybe we can figure out what went wrong.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Administrator

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
Your boy may be too darn fast to be captured by modern photographic equipment...but think of the Olympic potential...
I needed that one. That was my humour "fix" for the day. :-)

Thanks.:lol:
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:38 AM   #4

Something that I tried with my 5100 in similar situations was to set the autofocus to continuous. It seemed to help quite a bit.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:27 PM   #5

1. Make sure there is plenty of light in the picture so the camera doesn't have to compromise shutter speed to expose the picture correctly.[/*]
  2. Make sure the flash fires[/*]
  3. Try not to take the picture when the lens is zoomed all the way in, i.e. most magnification
    [/*]
digraph is offline   Reply With Quote