Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 29, 2006, 4:01 PM   #11

I surely do agree with your comments, Digraph-

Ilike the camera a lot and it has performed well for me. Here is one taken during my husband's appointment with the doctor this morning. Handheld/ISO 800/no flash/ under ceiling mounted flourescent lighting.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 9:44 PM   #12

Here is another photo that should reassure the folks who are concerned about the S-6000's ability to show good outdoor color. Handheld/ISO 400/EV -0.7

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:38 PM   #13

That is a great low light shot !!!Thanks for sharing ...it may have changed my mind on which finepix cam I will go with...:idea:
pantera13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:21 PM   #14

You are very welcome, pantera-

I continue to be amazed by the great performance of my Fuji S-6000fd. Here is an ISO 1600 shot in a local optical shop.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:33 PM   #15

Unless I can get my hands on an s9100 or s9000.....

The picture quality is amazing!!!Definately in the big league when it comes to quality digital cameras!:G
pantera13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:45 AM   #16

Pantera-

I also own a S-9000, and it is a rather different camera. It has a much better EVF, but the S-9000's low light level shooting qualities are definitely less than those of the S-6000fd. I get much greater photo sharpness, right out of the camera with the S-6000fd than with the S-9000.

Please just keep in mind that these are decidedly different cameras!

MT/Sarah
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:35 PM   #17

I am very intrested in the Fuji S6000/6500fd, the pictures I have seen are impressive. I want to know what your thoughts are on the viewfinder? I have heard various thoughts. I prefer to use the viewfinder rather then the LCD to shot pictures. Do you think not having IS but ratherbeing able to shot at higher iso a bigger advantage?

Thank you

Brad
greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:19 PM   #18

Hi Brad-

To my mind the S-6000fd is a camera of trade offs. However those trade off's are acceptable when you consider the low light shoot capability of the Fuji S-6000fd. The evf has only 115K pixels versus over 200K pixels in the S-9000. I use the view finder a lot as well. Here is my take on it: it is functional, I would hate to have to MF with it, but I can get by. I am used to having IS. However, the very size and weight lend themselves to camera stability, damping any potential camera movement.

Because there is no IS, you do have to keep an eye on the shutter speed to insure your non movement of the camera. Yes, increased shutter speed does offer some insurance against camera movement. However, the little shaky logo on the Mode Selector is ridiculous. It chooses ISO settings that are way too high.

Bottomline, Brad, this is a nice camera that can handle nice outdoor shots with pleasing color and dynamic range, while still offering the user the ability to do some very realistic low light level shooting with the same camera. It is not perfect, no camera seems to be. However, in the little bit less than a week I have had the S-6000fd, I like it a lot and i am pleased with it.

I have attached an outdoor shot for you.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:07 PM   #19

MT/Sara

Thank you for your answer and providing an outdoor shot. It does produce an very good balanced outdoor shot. I will using when I go birding. Did you purchase it online, that is one drawback to the Fuji its hard to find a seller in my area.

Thanks, Happy Holidays.

Greatgreyowl/Brad
greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:12 PM   #20

Brad-

I bought it from www.buydig.com. They have always been excellent to deal with and this transaction was no exception. I have bought over 10 cameras from them and it has always been five star.

MT/Sarah