Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:02 PM   #1

Right now I have the Finepix F700 for my pocket. I have the S5200 for which I am just learning beyond automatic and it has the 10x zoom. Because I take my pocket F700 everywhere I am thinking of upgrading on that. At least my husband offered to for Christmas. Is the F30 a good upgrade from the F700. I would like a good low light camera because I take a lot of snaps in house with the little one. The S5200 I take the tripod and go out to shoot. I am a bit mixed up. Should I be sticking with Fuji. I have liked them so far but I just took a camera course and out of 20 people nobody had a Fuji. I would really like some good advise. I need something positive to concentrate on as we have just made the arrangement to put our little 14 year old miniDachshund down tomorrow morning - and I am doing everything to take my mind from this now and for the next weeks and months. Cameras can tend to get one involved. Right. Thanks anyone.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:56 PM   #2

Shari,

Sorry to hear about your mini...they are wonderful dogs.

I think the F30 would be a perfect upgrade for you. Think about the F31FD...it adds Fuji's new face detection technology.

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:56 PM   #3

Can someone please help me as to whether the F30 is a good low light pocket camera. Thank you.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:57 PM   #4

Great timing, eh?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:01 PM   #5

Thanks, The Hun. I will try some research on the F31FD. We have done our good deed of letting Bridgette go - and now I have to keep myself busy so I do not have time to think for a while. I will see if that F31 is available in Canada yet. Thanks again.

Shari
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:44 PM   #6

I have just done some homework on this camera. Everything looking good until I got to viewfinder - NO -. Sorry I have to have a viewfinder. Tried the other and did not like it. Looks like I am off to check out another camera - or maybe even brand.

Thanks again.

Shari
Old Nov 29, 2006, 3:46 AM   #7

I'm with you - need a viewfinder. I think the only decent compact, offered by Fuji that has a viewfinder (optical) is the E900. For some reason, they've decided not to put them in any of their newest compacts.

the Hun

Old Nov 29, 2006, 4:39 PM   #8

Thanks again The Hun. I have checked out the E900. Looks OK. I am also looking at the Canon Powershot A710 with a 6 x zoom. Every camera look at how some things I like and some not. For me a viewfinder is a must. I also have my S5200. Do you think the E900 is too close to my S5200. The thing is when I take my 5200 I take a tripod and so some photo shooting whereas with the E900 it would be to always have with me in my bag. Thanks for any comments. It is really snowing here in Vancouver so I have plenty of time to do research!!!

Shari
Old Nov 29, 2006, 7:23 PM   #9

Camera shopping can be an agonizing experience for many, because no camera has every feature you want. You must decide which features are a must, and which are just fluff. As I percieve your needs, they are: a compact camera, easy to take everywhere, with a viewfinder, which is good in low light. Right there, you can probably eliminate 90% of the world's digicams! The E900 will probably be better in low light than the A710 IS, but not as good as the F30 (sorry...no viewfinder)...I feel your angst.

the Hun

Old Nov 29, 2006, 8:00 PM   #10

Thanks - I guess I should go and have a look and hold the cameras. I may be better with no viewfinder now. The first camera I got had no viewfinder and I did not know until I got it home and it went back and that is when I got started on the Fuji because it was on at a good price. I knew nothing of cameras prior to that. Thank you for your input.

Shari