Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:53 AM   #1

Default Get Dust out of your Fuji 6800z

I don't have one of these cams, but if you think you have a problem, look here:

http://users.skynet.be/fa490039/fujidust/dust.htm
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:54 AM   #2

it seems someone had considerable time on their hands to do this. now i have a few simple questions?
1- was this done in a static free environment?
2- was this done in a dust free environment?
3- is your knowledge of the assembly and subassembly of your camera REAL GOOD?

if you answer no to any of the above i suggest not trying such a course of action.

from the photos shown no antistatic methodology was used. hence more dust can be attracted to the components as you open and move them about. just the use of the dust off canned air can (12) induce static. also the air environment is in question here too. Dust Free? i don't think so.

"Clean the glass with a 1.blower OR 2.cleaning product for lenses OR 3.scotch tape"

scotch tape? will it leave any adhesive residue on the what looks to be either the IR or AA filter? this person doesn't even know what that part is. "the glass part"

"If you have done everything in reverse order ... it should work"

i love that line

odds are the reason he has to go in there is because he has opened it before to see what made it tick . he has now started a cycle of dustiness in his camera that can only be stopped by a controlled environment cleaning.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 12:44 PM   #3

You haven't come across [email protected] then?? Here's another link to make you tremble!!

So you don't take your cams apart then? This guy can take his S602 apart in his sleep and get it back together and working. It's nice to see what we all get worked up so much about and pay our money for. Sort of takes away the myth of digicams being state of the art, must have must pay high price toys!

Just like PC hardware, we'll love our cam to death at first, than throw it in the trash bin in a few years time.

If the dust got in in the first place with use, it rather negates the purpose of using a clean room, since the design is flawed anyway!! My guess is it's the same problem with most zoom lens digicams. No way to equalise air pressure through a filter and stop dust getting in as the zoom is used.

http://www.digsys.com.au/S602Z/S602Z.html
Old Jun 21, 2003, 1:19 PM   #4

"odds are the reason he has to go in there is because he has opened it before to see what made it tick"

well at least the second one had a workbench and better tools. Wiha jewelers screwdirvers and preperation.

i work avionics at my airline. now i know why i get components bad from stock
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2003, 6:19 AM   #5

jkirk seemed more concerned about not having the sexy arrows on his pics!