Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:14 AM   #1

im a bit confused as to what type i should get, can anybody point me to a good shuter release cable for my fuji s9600
regards
Doc
Doc-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:42 AM   #2

Just about any mechanical cable release that you can find in a camera store will work. You can also look at the air bulb release type. And another one you could consider is the USB cable release that is offered by Fuji. It plugs into the same USB port that you use to download your pictures. No special settings to make, it just works. But it's rather expensive. You should be able to find it listed in the accessory section for your camera on the Fuji website.

I have tried them all. They all work. But in the end I find it just as easy to use the two second timer rather than hassle with the extra cable. That's just my own personal preference.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:11 AM   #3

jphess wrote:
Quote:
Just about any mechanical cable release that you can find in a camera store will work. You can also look at the air bulb release type. And another one you could consider is the USB cable release that is offered by Fuji. It plugs into the same USB port that you use to download your pictures. No special settings to make, it just works. But it's rather expensive. You should be able to find it listed in the accessory section for your camera on the Fuji website.

I have tried them all. They all work. But in the end I find it just as easy to use the two second timer rather than hassle with the extra cable. That's just my own personal preference.
The USB cable release by fuji i couldnt find, but the idear of useing the timer, is something id of never thought of, nice one will try that
Doc-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:24 AM   #4

The USB cable release is listed for the 9000, but not the 9100. I don't know if they just haven't updated the website or if the 9100 doesn't have that capability. But the two second timer is so easy to set:

Menu->right->Up->menu

I only wish it wasn't necessary to reset it for every shot. But, for me, it is still less hassle than working with a cable release.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:32 PM   #5

Hi,

Does the USB cable shutter release work for the S6000 as well?

Is there a way to have the 2-sec timer stay on, instead of only one photo?

Thanks,
Rich
bud2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:44 PM   #6

According to the Fuji website, the only two models that USB cable release will work with are the S20 Pro and the 9000/9500. I tried it with my 5100 and it did not work. I am reasonably certain that it will not work with the 6000 either.

To my knowledge, there is no way to have the two second time or remain active. From all the reading I have done about other cameras, that seems to be pretty much the standard. That was the reason I shied away from using it at first. But it only takes a second to activate the timer. I have decided it just is no big deal.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:18 AM   #7

Can you provide the link for the USB shutter release.....damned if I can find it.

Thanks.
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:10 PM   #8

It's kind of strange how you have to find it. You first have to go to the Fujifilm mall, then to Accessories, and then click on the 9000. If you click on the obvious Accessories link it isn't listed. But don't get too excited, there isn't much to see. Here is the link:
http://www.fujifilmmall.com/product.asp?sku=2783757
Old Dec 7, 2006, 3:33 PM   #9

Have you taken the remote apart to see how many wires are used? I`m assuming there is a switch used to trip the shutter.

You can`t really tell anything from the picture at Fuji.
flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 3:43 PM   #10

No I have not taken the remote apart. It would require breaking something , and I'm not willing to do that. I wrote about this cable release a few months ago, and some people responded that they thought they could build one if they could get the specifications from Fuji. I suppose if you want to do some experimenting you could figure it out. I'm not mechanically or electronically minded. I guess that is why I spent the money for the thing.