Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:36 AM   #1

I would like advice on the better of the two cameras to add to my R1 and Fz 20 for my pocket cammera, AlsoI have read on anouther forum the Panasonic fx 01 and Fuji f20 BOTH use the same battery you are able to use both makes of battery in both cameras they fit ,can this be true ? Any advice on both of these questions rgrds Rodo,:shock:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:24 PM   #2

I have the fx01 and f20 and, yes, they use the same battery, whichwas a very welcome surprisesince the f20 doesn't come with a battery charger; in-camera only. A couple of ebay listings show the battery being compatible with both cameras. I got the f20 for its indoor lowlight capability and have not been dissapointed.

If I had to choose between the two, however, I would go with the fx01 for the following reasons:

1) 28mm wideangle vs 36mm
2) better build quality
3) slighly smaller, more pocketable
4) sd card vs xd - you already use sd with your fz20
5) Leica lens
6) OIS

Of course, if your planning on doing alot of indoor shooting, the f20 might be the better choice. But for outdoors the tough little fx01 is hard to beat.

Fred

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:29 PM   #3

Thanks for your advice and point of view . So i went to town to look at these cameras today,I tried the fuji F20 did not like the low res screen and dumded down controls compared to the F30 also in store, The F30 was different to the F20 much better control like exposure button a/s control mode not on the Fx 01 either,superb much brighter i thoughtbrilliant high res screen super 580 shot aprox battery Iwas told , wow this is some baby high iso killer cam imo (it seems to be to me ), I tried your pick the Fx 01 and Fx 07 on display great looks and feel point and shoot simple cameras ,nice asthey areI preferd the extra control feel and size of the F30I must say not so tiny as the fx ,I have large hands,I think Ill needthe low light performance features of the F30 also on board It also has a much better more powerfull flash the f30I have seen mentioned compared to the Fx modelssome place , Now there is a F31fd and F40on its way but at over £50UK £ more I dont think I want to pay forFD mode and auto 800 iso features it brings , BeforeI buy a F30 i would like very much any othe rF 30owners to give me a thumbs up or not though , So glad I Ilooked in store, you cant buy before you try is so true need to feel the camera firstI do think so Rodo.:crazy:
Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:43 PM   #4

rodo wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your advice and point of view . So i went to town to look at these cameras today,I tried the fuji F20 did not like the low res screen and dumded down controls compared to the F30 also in store, The F30 was different to the F20 much better control like exposure button a/s control mode not on the Fx 01 either,superb much brighter i thoughtbrilliant high res screen super 580 shot aprox battery Iwas told , wow this is some baby high iso killer cam imo (it seems to be to me ), I tried your pick the Fx 01 and Fx 07 on display great looks and feel point and shoot simple cameras ,nice asthey areI preferd the extra control feel and size of the F30I must say not so tiny as the fx ,I have large hands,I think Ill needthe low light performance features of the F30 also on board It also has a much better more powerfull flash the f30I have seen mentioned compared to the Fx modelssome place , Now there is a F31fd and F40on its way but at over £50UK £ more I dont think I want to pay forFD mode and auto 800 iso features it brings , BeforeI buy a F30 i would like very much any othe rF 30owners to give me a thumbs up or not though , So glad I Ilooked in store, you cant buy before you try is so true need to feel the camera firstI do think so Rodo.:crazy:
JUST noticed Jessops uk have put the Fuji f30 on sale at £154 and free postage . there is a 10% discount code offer as well, Also if you google jessops discount there is 10% offer by anouther party but you can only use one discount code it seems,I usedthe google search offer and have just orderd my f 30 for £139 and a few pence after the discount Got to be the cheapest uk deal on line in the uk, Rodo..