Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:22 PM   #11

What did you do to enhance the pic? Did you use Photoshop?
Netman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:38 PM   #12

I found the data. I uploaded the origianl pic to a temp directory on my website.

http://www.maxxfusion.com/f10

I found that the good pic is ISO 80 and the other is ISO 400. Found a couple other differences but dont know what they mean.

Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:57 PM   #13

I used Irfanview to enhance the pic...it's free...

http://www.irfanview.com/

Photoshop is much better, but I was able to do what I did with a total of 5 key strokes, which is nice and simple for quick fixes and re-sizing.

I can see the Exif data now...I use Opanda (also free)...

http://www.opanda.com/

It tells a lot about your pics...FujiFilm FinePix F30, 12/11/06, 1/400 sec, F2.8, Normal Program, ISO 80, No Flash, 8mm focal length, no blur warnings, and lots of other good stuff.

There is a wealth of information on the internet regarding photography tips and "how to's". A lot can be learned from reading your manual...try turning to page 24 and 25...don't just read it, have your camera out and try everything they suggest. Dont be afraid to experiment - you can always erase bad shots.

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:36 PM   #14

Thanks so much. I think this may save me the headache of spending a bunch of money on a new camera that I probaly dont need. The only thing I really like was the idea of IS but I dont know if I really need it or not for the basic photos I take.

My thinking is this camer should be good for now and maybe after the kids get older and more involved in sports I will get a low end SLR like a Rebel or maybe a S3 for a better zoom and other options.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:53 PM   #15

Just out of curiousity if you were to buy a P and S camera today which one would you get? One that is simialr to the F10, maybe a Canon or another Fuji? My friend is looking for one and wants to take the same type of photos as I do so she is looking to me for help.

I was maybe thinking the SD600 or F30.

Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:16 PM   #16

If I were to buy a P&S camera today, I would buy the Fuji S6000, without hesitation. It has the same 28-300mm lens as the S9000, and has the same great sensor as the F30. Great combination of wide angle, reach, and low light capability. That would be good for my needs, because I shoot a little bit of everything, and I need a camera that's versatile. It might not be good for everyone. It is a large camera...it's definitely not a pocket cam. If I were to buy a compact P&S, it would be the F31, which is the same as the F30, but adds Face Detection, which may help when taking group pics.

I hoped that helped somewhat.

the Hun

Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:30 PM   #17

Yes thanks again. That S6000 looks nice. I will look at the F31 and bring that to the attention of my friend.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:58 AM   #18

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
If I were to buy a P&S camera today, I would buy the Fuji S6000, without hesitation. It has the same 28-300mm lens as the S9000, and has the same great sensor as the F30. Great combination of wide angle, reach, and low light capability. That would be good for my needs, because I shoot a little bit of everything, and I need a camera that's versatile. It might not be good for everyone. It is a large camera...it's definitely not a pocket cam. If I were to buy a compact P&S, it would be the F31, which is the same as the F30, but adds Face Detection, which may help when taking group pics.

I hoped that helped somewhat.

the Hun
I have a quick question. My wife is pushing for a elph camera. Are they any good. She is in love with IS and loves the size even more. Is the SD800 a good camera? Is the IS worth it in your opinion? The SD800 has the face detection which I like.

What do you think?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:17 AM   #19

A quick question deserves a quick answer...unfortunately, I'm not up on ultra-compact cams, so I can't give you a good answer. They're just too small for me (big hands), so I couldn't envison having to use one. For your wife's needs, it may be perfect - fit in the purse or pocket, IS, face detection - sounds great. If it's like the rest of the Canons, the outside pics will be great, and with the IS, the inside pics should be bearable. Read some reviews and go to the camera store and let your wife play around with one. Make sure she's comfortable with it before you buy.

the Hun