Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 4, 2007, 9:04 PM   #1

This camera looks nice and i really like the price. I wish I could find the dimensions. It looks like its a bit longer than the F31 but thinner.

Netman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:22 AM   #2

errr the onlyadvantages i see over the F31fd is support for SD, 1/1.6" CCD, 8MP,thinner (but wider and taller). Otherwise it's battery is almost half as lasting and it doesn't look like it has Aperture or Shutter Priority AE modes... that is most importand imho!
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:39 AM   #3

CVonV wrote:
Quote:
errr the onlyadvantages i see over the F31fd is support for SD, 1/1.6" CCD, 8MP,thinner (but wider and taller). Otherwise it's battery is almost half as lasting and it doesn't look like it has Aperture or Shutter Priority AE modes... that is most importand imho!
this new model is an update of the F20. many are expecting a model with greater flexibilty and manual control to replace the F30/31D to be released later on in the year.

dave
http://www.fotop.net/dave
davephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 1:36 PM   #4

ahh that makes sense being an upgrade to the F20

an upgrade to the F30/31fd with SD support, 8MP 1/1.6" CCD, 28mm wide angle, OIS, and maybe a full manual mode (instead of just priority modes) would be nice... oh oh and a black model

oh btw the dimensions you can find on steve's first look --> http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/fu..._f40fd_pr.html

95.7(W)× 59.0(H)× 23.3(D) mm/3.8(W)× 2.3(H)× 0.9(D) in.(excluding accessories and attachments)
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:03 PM   #5

I figure the F30/31/40 woudl be good for my wife (indoor shots of kids). Also could use it on my R/C airplane for photos and videos.

For features, OIS is not "as needed" in my opinionbecause Fuji's work so well at high ISO. Does Fuji have OIS on any camera? I suppose they could do CCD shift.

Moving to SD is VERY good news. I had a Smartmedia card get corrupted (card reader wrote bad data to the header) - dumb design, and XD has the same problem.

Now the bad news: The lack of panoramic assist is lame - do they even include stitching SW? That bugs me and has me on the fence (might buy Canon instead).

No remote control. I would miss that.

No time lapse recording (at full res and at movie sized images), nor any other "extra" features that I am looking for.

Pretty boring zoom range. Not wide, and only 3x.

The F40 "only" goes to ISO 1600, right? Is that bacause 3200 wasn't that useful (on the F30)? I bet average users complained about ISO 3200 noise!

The other manufacturersmight catch ground by the next round of cameras - all Fuji has going for them is high ISO performance. I wish they'd sell their sensors to other companies...

Erics is offline   Reply With Quote