Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:57 PM   #31

Hi! I sent mine back anyway, they are replacing it.. I hate waiting ) I'm not sure how many hot pixels they'd want to see before they replace it, maybe its like lcd tvs where a certain amount of stuck pixels is 'acceptable'.. How did you run that test? When I get my replacement, hopefully tomorrow,I'll run it and give you the results..
Quackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:20 PM   #32

Basically I took flat black photos with the cap on the lens and check them with this software:
http://www.starzen.com/imaging/deadpixeltest.htm
upai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 4:25 PM   #33

My replacement camera arrived today.. One of the first pictures I took was a test of the inside of the lens cap I was relieved to see this one appears to be just fine. I downloaded that pixel test thingy.. No dead anywhere, no hot up until about a second of exposure. Lots of hot at the 30 second, but I don't care about that as long as it isn't getting in the way of my pictures, and it doesn't appear to be. So yay, I'm delighted!
Quackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:15 PM   #34

Quackles wrote:
Quote:
My replacement camera arrived today.. One of the first pictures I took was a test of the inside of the lens cap I was relieved to see this one appears to be just fine. I downloaded that pixel test thingy.. No dead anywhere, no hot up until about a second of exposure. Lots of hot at the 30 second, but I don't care about that as long as it isn't getting in the way of my pictures, and it doesn't appear to be. So yay, I'm delighted!
Hello Everyone,
I'm Aziz from Singapore. I had the exact same problem.Fujifilm Finepix S9600 is a recent upgrade from my Benq 2mp cam.I'm a proud owner of this camera for 12 days after a replacement of a faulty CCD (sigh..)

Great to hear you had yourreplacement camera.So far it's been a great camera when you truly understand the controls. Yay!!

ziiz
Fujifilm Finepix S9600
Lexar 133x 2gb
Transcend 120x 4gb

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ziiz/
ziiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:24 PM   #35

That spot on your picture resembles a spot on my laptop screen, which I don't know where it came from. I take many pictures of the Sun with my S6000, and i have no ill effects upon it. Hot pixels are normal, but not what you had.

I'm glad your new one is better.

Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:27 PM   #36

good pic.....

jadewharton...

jadewharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:25 PM   #37

Thanks upai for the link and the free hot pixel check software.

I checked my old Canon G3 at 1/30 sen 1/4 sec and 1,2,10 and 15 sec. and only got 1 pixel at one of the faster settings and 2 at another and none at the longest stutter speeds. My camera will only go to 15 sec as its slowest shutter speed. So I felt good knowing Canon had put a good CCD in my camera.

I am planning to purchase a new Fuji S9100 in a day or two. When I get it this will be one of the first tests I preform. I will let you all know how it turns out

Thanks again for the good link.

eagle2

upai wrote:
Quote:
Basically I took flat black photos with the cap on the lens and check them with this software:
http://www.starzen.com/imaging/deadpixeltest.htm
eagle2 is offline   Reply With Quote