Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:46 AM   #1

I'm very pleased with my 5600 at high ISO. This pic is straight from the cam -- on Auto with no PP at allother than downsizing with the free VSO Image Resizer-- and is a corner of my "study" lit by the ceiling 18 watt energy-saver bulb which has a claimed light output of a 100 watt filament bulb.

Obviously, I'm not claiming any artistic or technical merit with the pic -- just making a point that such a result would have been, for me,nigh on impossible in my old film days.

I'm really enjoying the 5600 which I bought for £112 ($219) on Argus' special offer just before Christmas.
Attached Images

Almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:48 PM   #2

Same pic as above, but with a little sharpening and noise reduction courtesy of free programs.

Anyone think there's an improvement? I am a newbie to digital photography.
Attached Images

Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:44 PM   #3

Digital cameras on average are getting better and better in terms of lower noise (graininess) for higher ISO.

For outdoor daylight shooting you should still lower the ISO because (1) the graininess will be even less and (2) the camera's shutter speed and aperture limitations might result in overexposure when you leave the ISO up high.

Useful digital camera hints:

http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/digicam.htm

ajaynejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 6:25 PM   #4

Thank you Ajaynejr - I had a good read of the link you so kindly directed me to and I think I understood a good deal of it. I've been taking dozens of pics and am slowly getting the hang of things. I couldn't afford to take that amount of pics in the old film days! Boy, this digital stuff is fun and I can see I'm going to have a ball.:|