Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 24, 2007, 4:21 AM   #1

Having had a fujiF 30 for a bitI doseem to prefer my wifes F11 photo collection pics some taken bymyself ,To be honest i am sure the older F 11does better even straight out of the camera ,Ie fuller more satuated colors more like dslr look ,my f30 seems no sharper and even with - 1/3 still looked washed outimo and my wife agrees .Hasany one found the same, Thinking of selling my F30 and getting an F11 available still in uk from Fuji refurb shop what do you think , I have too many cameras but do like these littleFujisbut the F11 seems the bestany opinions please .:O
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2007, 6:05 AM   #2

Yes the f11 seems like a reasonably good point and shot cam

lots of places to pick up one in the uk, check the web

http://www.dcviews.com/reviews/Fuji-...F11-review.htm

I'm using the fuji v10 just 'cause it came at the right price at the right time.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/html/re..._camera_5.html

ThoughI still would like to get my hands on a good dslr for thoseexceptional

shots.

Attached Images

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:20 AM   #3

Well thanks butI was trying to find a kind person who has or has had both F11 / F 30I do know the V10 cameras are alltogether different including the sensor 5 mpnoA/S contols ect thanks anyway rodo .
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:12 AM   #4

I own the F10 and the F30 and I don't notice a difference in picture quality between the two. I've taken identical shots with both cameras and they seem to perform equally well. The one thing I did notice was the F30's slightly worse purple fringing (in situations where you would expect PF, like dark subjects that are brightly backlit), but it was really only noticeable under very close inspection.

Stephanie

--------------------

My Fujifilm FinePix F30 and F10 galleries
sjseto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 2:20 AM   #5

Thank you mam the F 10 is much like my wives F 11 so its good to know your F10 is at least as good as your F30 butI find the F11 better with most of what we have printed out and both camera settings being equal , thanks for your point of view rodo.8)
Old Oct 8, 2007, 5:16 AM   #6

rodo wrote:
Quote:
my f30 seems no sharper and even with - 1/3 still looked washed outimo
I too have an F30 that I'm not particularly happy with. I've a long history with Fuji compact cameras (4800,F401, E510, E550, and most recently the F30.) But I've been disappointed in the performance of the F30, particularly with the washed out colours. I bought the F30 based on my previous experiences (particularly the intense colours,) and because it had an auto focus assist lamp and much higher ISO.

Just before the warranty expired I took it into the Fuji service depot and had them test it. They cleaned a lot of gunk off the lens, then reported that the camera was operating within specification. But after further testing on my part, I'm still unhappy with it. I can set my E550 and F30 to exactly the same settings (using Manual mode), adjust the zoom so both cameras are as "equal" as I can make them, and then take a series of pictures of the same scenes. The E550 colours (and I think sharpness, though it might just be a personal perception) are much better than the F30.

The disappointing colour and the very obvious noise and artifacts even at 1600 ISO mean that I rarely use that camera anymore, having gone back to my E550.
Ken Hamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 8:41 AM   #7

I haven't owned either of the cameras, but I do have a F20 (sometimes called the F30's little brother) and I certainly don't feel that the results I get with it looked washed out. The attached pic is straight out of the camera and has only been resized for posting.

mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:09 AM   #8
Administrator

Ken Hamer wrote:
Quote:
The disappointing colour and the very obvious noise and artifacts even at 1600 ISO mean that I rarely use that camera anymore, having gone back to my E550.
Huh? "...even at 1600 ISO..."

Your E-550 doesn't even have ISO 1600, and it's ISO 800 is only available at reduced resolutions.

Of course, you're not going to get perfectly clean images at ISO 1600. Please show me another compact camera that can give you that and still retain any detail. These little Fuji models (f10/11/20/30) are about as good as it gets in a non-DSLR compact camera if you need higher ISO speeds.

The question you need to ask yourself is are the images acceptable at the print/viewing sizes needed. Sometimes a bit of noise is preferrable to motion blur, and it's amazing that a camera with a sensor this small can even shoot at ISO 1600.

If they're not acceptable at the viewing/print sizes needed, and you really need to shoot at higher ISO speeds, get a dSLR (but, even with those, you're going to have some noise at higher ISO speeds, so research your needs carefully).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote