Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:14 AM   #1

Ok so you all can have agood laugh, here's my current camera; http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~ifex534/cameras/iqzoom.html (the only web add that had a pic of it). Which was bought in 1995. It still takes good pictures! It is limited though!!

I have placed my order for the Fuji 6000fd and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Now you see what I am throwing myself into. Lol, I probably am in way over my head! So....anyone with a camera of this type have any good advice for me? Please!? Any great advice for getting started with the new camera, :-)?

Thanks!

RabidShoot
RabidShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:04 AM   #2

Congrats on the new camera, RS! I've had the S6000fd for nearly a month now, and am enjoying it immensely. It is a very capable camera, and pretty easy to use, even for a novice like me.

I generally leave the camera in "Program" mode, and adjust the ISO as needed. I also keep the Ev at -1/3. I do sometimes adjust the other parameters as needed, or use a scene mode such as Portrait or Landscape. I've taken about 1600 shots so far.

I have a Smugmug gallery... http://catographer.smugmug.com if you care to take a gander. There only a small number of photos, and some taken with other cameras, but I do have quite a few S6000fd shots posted, most with a bit of post-processing.

I bet you are not in over your head! What types of photographs do you intend on taking?

Chris

flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:39 AM   #3

Those shots are great! I like cat shots! I hope to get some cool ones of our cats! :G

My thought process is this. I eventually want to get a dslr, maybe in a year or so.What I was hoping was this camera will give me that ability to jump from. I figured this because of the manual controls. I hope I am right in my thinking. I will be taking a lot of photos indooors. They will be of my kids, pets and husband. I would also like to take up nature shooting and I am not sure where I will deviate from there.

I appreciate any advice, thanks! And yes I am nervous but very excited!

RS
RabidShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:28 PM   #4

RS, I think you are on the right track. I really like my S6000fd, and my only real lament in the lack of image stabilization. However, that is mitigated somewhat by the wonderfulhandling of the camera, as I can often get decently sharp images handheld with a shutter of 1/10s, and sometimes even 1/5s.

Even if/when I get a DSLR, I will probably hang onto my Fuji, justbecause of its versatility.

I hope you will post your experiences with the S6000fd, and maybe open up a Smugmug or Flickr gallery - especiallyof your cats!:|
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:55 AM   #5

I had a camera similar to your current film camera. I have had my f6000 for about three weeks and am taking pictures almost every day. I read the manual, play around with one of the modes until I get good/decent pictures. It is so much fun to play with and learn.

Here are a couple of pictures taken inside:

One of my dogs

and a frog

Here is one of my other dogs outside (This was taken through the patio door with snow falling. The snow made it occassionally hard to focus :?. I need to work on that)

(I hope these show up.)
ktrjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:06 PM   #6

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_...000fd_pg5.html

In case everyone missed it. Steve's review of the S6000 was out on Tuesday.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:21 PM   #7

My s6000fd came in Tuesday! Within two hours, I had it at the soccer field, and I've been playing with it since. This is my sweet little puppy, Portia, getting ready to go on patrol.
Attached Images

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:16 AM   #8

You have great taste in cameras the S6000 is a nice piece of equipment, I am sure you will have a ball with it, you have been given some good tips already, good luck and have fun.

Cheers

David
aussiedave is offline   Reply With Quote