Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:51 PM   #1

My 3.5 yr. old s7000 started taking all white images in all shooting modes except 'video' which (?HUH?) worked perfectly.

Tried all the standard 'fixes' incl.reset, new card, fresh batteries, cleaning contacts, power down for 1 hr., etc.

Sent camera to FujiFilm @ Edison, NJ repair center via FedEx.

Fuji will be 'swapping out' camera shortly at no expense to myself.

The CCD failure is a 'known issue' and they are standing by their customers, BUT, you must supply proof of USA purchase and be the original purchaser.

YAAAAAAY! FUJI!

Last edited by bernabeu; Jun 27, 2015 at 4:24 PM.
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:02 PM   #2

just received my 'swapped out' s7000 from Edison, NJ

as far as i can tell it is a brand new unit shipped w/o any accessories !

serial 34A..............................

WORKS PERFECTLY (possibly better than my original unit)

HURRAY FUJI ! :|
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:22 PM   #3

I am so glad to read about this. I, too, purchased my S7000 about 3.5 years ago. Last week I was taking pictures and it was working fine and then suddenly the LCD was mostly white on one of the pictures. After that, each picture would either be a black and white scree (looked like it was black with a white curtain coming down) or it would be really fuzzy looking and have a fringe along the edge. It didn't take long for my husband to research and come up with a CCD problem. I was thinking it might be time to look into a new camera instead of possibly having to spend a ton of money on repairs. Now I think I will try returning it to Fuji. Did you have to contact them first and let them know of the problem, or did you just send in the camera for them to look at? I have really enjoyed the camera and have recently finished some photography classes so I was really looking forward to the warmer weather. I really hope it can be replaced.
twrdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:38 AM   #4

twrdh wrote:
Quote:
I am so glad to read about this. I, too, purchased my S7000 about 3.5 years ago. Last week I was taking pictures and it was working fine and then suddenly the LCD was mostly white on one of the pictures. After that, each picture would either be a black and white scree (looked like it was black with a white curtain coming down) or it would be really fuzzy looking and have a fringe along the edge. It didn't take long for my husband to research and come up with a CCD problem. I was thinking it might be time to look into a new camera instead of possibly having to spend a ton of money on repairs. Now I think I will try returning it to Fuji. Did you have to contact them first and let them know of the problem, or did you just send in the camera for them to look at? I have really enjoyed the camera and have recently finished some photography classes so I was really looking forward to the warmer weather. I really hope it can be replaced.

print and fill out this form (keep a copy): https://camerarepair.fujifilmusa.com...RepairForm.htm

enclose a copy of your USA purchase receipt

be certain you check the exchange box

use UPS or FEDEX for shipping (and pack 'stripped' camera carefully)

a call in advance would not hurt