Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 17, 2007, 2:16 PM   #1

Well i have had my camera Fuji S9500 since christmas 2006 , please click on link below to some pictures i have taken,,

Some comments here or at my blog would be great, the last post I put here I didn,t get any feedback at all, would appreciate any you can give thanks

Norfolk Boy ( Paul B)

http://paul-thegallery.blogspot.com/index.html
Norfolk Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2007, 5:10 PM   #2

Paul,

If you scroll down to the 'Post your Photos' section of the forum and go to 'Critiques and Techniques', you will get some responses. Also, if you post your pics within the forum, rather than putting up a link to an external site, more people will look.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 5:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Paul,

If you scroll down to the 'Post your Photos' section of the forum and go to 'Critiques and Techniques', you will get some responses. Also, if you post your pics within the forum, rather than putting up a link to an external site, more people will look.

the Hun
i quite agree :idea:
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:10 PM   #4

musket wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Paul,

the Hun
i quite agree :idea:
yup...
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 3:36 PM   #5

The files are too large so just thought it easier people can just view there..

Trying to make it less complicated..

Thanks Paul
Old Feb 18, 2007, 3:51 PM   #6

Norfolk Boy, it is easy to resize your photos and post them here...

You have begun several threads where you are basically exhorting people to visit your blog. It seems to some of us here that you are less interested in being a part of the community here and are simply attempting to build traffic to your web site. I you want us to look at and comment/give advice regarding your photos, please take the time to resize and post them here, as everyone else does. Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:21 PM   #7

I totally disagree with your remarks.

I am just a total amateur looking for some advice and comments on my work, I havent got a clue on how to resize to post here,so some help would be very much appreciated.

I feel very hurt by your remarks regarding traffic to a website , the only reason the blog was created was to give me a medium to place pictures for people to look at, and as for increasing traffic its not even a site if you had bothered to look just a gallery with about 8 pictures in it.

So help is what im looking for not slagging off, i thought this forum was full of reasonable people hence the reason I joined, not for any other benefit.

Regards Paul

Old Feb 19, 2007, 5:50 PM   #8

Norfolk Boy, I am glad you are telling me I am wrong. But when you post multiple threads saying to come check out your blog, rather than posting your photos here like EVERYONE ELSE, it looks suspicious.

I checked out the photos on your blog, and most of them are already small enough to post here.

This post details how to upload your photos: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=9

Virtually every image editing program allows you to resize your photos. It's as simple as clicking on "resample" or "resize".
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:52 AM   #9

Norfolk Boy wrote:
Quote:
I totally disagree with your remarks.

I am just a total amateur looking for some advice and comments on my work, I havent got a clue on how to resize to post here,so some help would be very much appreciated.

I feel very hurt by your remarks regarding traffic to a website , the only reason the blog was created was to give me a medium to place pictures for people to look at, and as for increasing traffic its not even a site if you had bothered to look just a gallery with about 8 pictures in it.

So help is what im looking for not slagging off, i thought this forum was full of reasonable people hence the reason I joined, not for any other benefit.

Regards Paul

There is no reason for you to feel hurt by the comments. You will find that many people don't want to bother to have to follow links to other sites just to look at your pictures. It doesn't matter how much work you put in to create the other site. In the forums that's just what the preference is.

I went and looked at your pictures. I like the pictures of the birds on the water. I think you are doing a pretty good job with composition generally. I think the last picture of the boy on the beach is flat and generally not very interesting. It could probably be enhanced with a photo editing program. But from your comments it sounds like you are not interested in doing any post processing.

Some of the images are quite soft and lack detail. This is always a challenge. You might consider using a tripod and lower ISO settings. I also think it is difficult with this camera to produce crisp massive landscapes/waterscapes. You would probably find your photography more effective if you focus on smaller areas and look for something specific to be the center of attention in the image.

I tried looking at the EXIF information on one of your images, but that information wasn't included. If you are using the Auto mode I would recommend that you switch to aperture preferred or P mode as either one of those seem to produce much better results. Bottom-line, just keep experimenting. The more you use the camera the better you will understand it.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:56 PM   #10

Many thanks for your positive remarks, glad you like the bird pic, i am very pleased with thise aswell

A tripod is my next purchase, and i shall be trying hard to compose some more nice shots..

My fav shot so far is this one of my daughter Lucy ( easy subject for photos)

Attached Images