Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 11, 2003, 3:59 PM   #1

Default finepix 2600 & 1300..compatable drivers? Other combo's?

Hi,
I have a finepix 2600 and driver installed in windows 2000.. just got a 1300 and was wondering if anybody has had any problems with drivers "butting heads" or should the current driver work for the 1300 (or any other finepix model) without any problems...

I was looking at a driver download site the both drivers are 213kb downloads so logical reasoning might suggest they are the same thing. Any ideas will help. If you think I will hurt my computer by trying the use the 1300 please let me know!
thanks fd
fumbduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2003, 5:22 PM   #2

Your pc won't be hurt. Either the files will transfer and can then be opened from your HDD, or they won't. I'll bet the drivers are probably the same.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:28 PM   #3

Default thanks

Thanks for your reply... windows professional 2000 has improvements in sorting out drivers from what a friend told me.. however I always have a way of screwing things up. I'm not a professional in any way but these fujifilm finepix are really great!
Old Jul 19, 2003, 4:04 PM   #4

Default Re: Drivers

My friend has a 2800 and I had a 1300 and we've transferred pictures on each others' computers without any problems. Both cameras use the "USB mass storage device" driver that now comes default with windows. I don't know if the 2600 has webcam capabilities like the 2800, if it does that is a seperate driver and will not interfere with transferring pictures on the 1300. Hope this helps.
Vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 11:02 PM   #5

Default ok!!

everything works fine with my windows 2000 professional..it treats both cameras the same. thanks all....