Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 23, 2007, 4:15 PM   #1

I have had a Fuji Finepix Z1 since Christmas 2005. In November of 2006 I began

getting what looks like White Venetian Horizontal Lines on all of my pictures. I

believe it is the Super CCD that has gone bad. Has anyone else had this problem?
Milo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:16 PM   #2

Exactly the same has just happened to my Z1 too - movies are fine but still pictures not. Any idea what the problem is and if it is viable for repair ?
ABird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:22 PM   #3

ABird,

Sorry I don't have an answer now. I sent my Z1 into Fuji last Friday and I am

waiting to see what the verdict is.

MiloW

Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:48 AM   #4

I had the exact same problem with the Z1 since the last 2 months.. Video recording is done absolutely perfectly but stillpictures are saved with white horizontal lines. I tried formatting the memory card when the problem started, it worked and the pictures became ok. But now, even formatting the card or resetting the camera has no effect. Trying to get some answer from Fuji.:shock:
varz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:56 PM   #5

I received a repair estimate from Fuji today for my Finepix Z1. They will replace the

defective CCD at no charge, BUT there is a flat rate Labor fee of $100.00 plus tax of

$7.63 and Freight of $9.00 for a Total of $116.63. I returned the estimate and asked

them to go ahead and fix the camera.

I feel that they are being reasonable and it is sure less expensive that buying a new

camera.

I really like the Finepix Z1 and have had many fine pictures with it. We have certainly missed having this fine little camera.

Milo W

:-)
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:30 PM   #6

My Finepix F810 has just had the same problem occur. Like ABird and Varz say, video still works, but 0.2 megapixel photos are also fine.

The CCD is used for all photos, so the fact that one picture size still works on the F810 seems to suggest a problem with the firmware, possibly when saving the image (the memory card was more than half full at the time). If this is true, the solution could be to reinstall the firmware, making the $100/£100 charge for repair daylight robbery.
Ultracron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 3:44 PM   #7

Any idea where we can get an upgrade to the firmware for this ?
ABird is offline   Reply With Quote