Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 24, 2007, 3:56 PM   #1

This is our ( me and my soon to be wife ) first higher end camera. before we had a cannon powershot A75, yes just a basic image banger.

Ive been in and out of the manual a hundred times, im somewhat new to all the settings that are really in depth touching up your images, out of the box i am pretty happy with this, takes nice pictures. We wanted a good camera for our wedding.
and just to have.
I see that there is no software that will allow your computer to control the s9100 to take snapshot ( time lapse ) like the powershot.

even tho it is a battery hog, ive had the camera for 2 days and on my second set of batterys :G. fieance works at the hospital so she brings AA's home all the time.

I love that the lens is fixed so no dust. Im trying to get lighting down pat. Is there any Ebooks or tutorials on this camera or fuji ?

all in all im pretty happy with this camera..

indoor shooing is of course a bit more than outdoor. thats where i need to learn more..
insanefirewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2007, 4:39 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new camera. While you're learning how to maximize its potential, do yourself a favor and buy a couple of sets of good quality NiMH batteries and a good charger. You'll get way more shots out of them and they will last a long time. You should be able to get at least 300-400 pictures out of a single charge on 2500 mAh batteries.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 4:47 PM   #3

true, I suppose it is better than these batterys, they all have been used atleast once ( comming from the hospital use em once and toss em out ) maybe a few sets of the nihms, and the charger
If ya buy the external flash does that use its own batt's or does it run off the camera's power supply?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:55 PM   #4

External flash...another good reason to buy NiMH batteries - better buy four sets!

the Hun

Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:01 PM   #5

Ok,, so how much are these nihm batts and the charger lol

Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:19 PM   #6

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

The Sanyo and Maha Powerex batteries are very good. The Sanyo Eneloops don't self-discharge as rapidly as many of the others, so if your cam is going to sit around and not be used for awhile, they would be a good choice.

Read the page the link sends you to, and when you click on an item, it will send you to an online merchant, so you can get prices.

the Hun

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:02 AM   #7

So far I have not found a program to control remotely the S9000 series but check the forum at this link.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=44
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:36 AM   #8

If you mean that you want to have the capability to control the camera by a computer, there is no program to do that. That capability is not built into the software of the camera. Fuji does offer a cable release that will plug into the USB port, but I don't think that is what you are referring to.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:55 AM   #9

theres a USB cable that ofcourse did come with the fuji, to transfer pictures to the pc,
but yea i doubt there is any software that will let it auto snap shoot or timed shooting.. ive looked around everywhere, thats ok, i can still use the old powershot for timelapse.

yea found some batt's nihm $16.00 for 8 then just get a recharger and im set. no this thing wont be sitting around at a long time at all.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:41 AM   #10

Hi

I have just joined the forum, and looking around to see who's using what, I came across this, and would like to add I too have just brought a S9600. I have had the fuji S5500, and I have at present the S5600. I require a camera with the use of external flash. I like the fuji's cameras and think good value for money.

Ernst
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote