Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:16 AM   #1

sorry to start new thread on this but i figuredfellow s9500 users yet to experience this issue might find it interesting

i am going to attempt to araldite it back on tonight - i know i know - bodgy job - but i figure ill give that a go before a start drilling into dial and do the whole pop rivet thing -

BTW i have no warrenty and no desite to spend money on this cam. i rung up fuji australia and the quote is $120 aus + parts plus whatever it would cost to ge down to HQ - about 200k's trip for me ( or postage costs) turn around is 4 weeks

i asked them for a prive of the dial --- after speaking to 4 different people they still were unable to tell me how much - and ended in them saying thier superviser would call me with price............ 6 hours l8r no phone call.

they were also instisting i can not fix myself nore could a privatecamera repair shop as the camera needs to be recalibrated - and only THEY can do that

peeps that have fixed this themselves --- any side effects to the cam yet ???

any1 else tried gluing ( epoxy)this shank back on ??? or am i the only silly one lol ??
Attached Images

bill_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2007, 4:01 AM   #2

Please let us know how you get on.
programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 7:11 AM   #3

programmer wrote:
Quote:
Please let us know how you get on.
ummm NO epoxy didnt work :G- made the shank bigger than it didnt fit

so i didnt have a pop rivet - so i used a wire coat hanger filed slightly did the trick :P..... 4 now

2 things im worried about

the clip that keeps the dial on - has 4 VERY little rubber keeping it attched on the dial VERY HARD TO GET OFF WITHOUT LOOSING - even harder to get back on with right tools - to help this i did not reinstall a copper ring that makes the dial " click"

2 if my new shank is slighty off the 90 degree angle it may damage theslot that it sits into --

Old Mar 2, 2007, 6:20 PM   #4

What a crock....."the camera needs to be recalibrated "

It's just an encoded shaft and if it turns, your good too go.....!

Good luck with all that
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:04 PM   #5

yeh digi is working fine -snapped this pic on weekend - so PS worked though

...... so i dont know whatrecallibrated thing was all about -

due to missing rubber on inside clip ( see silver bit in above pic) the dial keeps coming off so i need a sirclip or somthing to keep it atcched .

i have rung fuji aus. twise now to get a price for new command dial plus clip - both times i have been put through to the repair superviser - both times had to leave messages -- still no reply

Attached Images