Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:10 PM   #21

Hellojgustavoam wrote:
Quote:
Fellows , i put some pictures to explain how to open the FUJI S9000 to repair the command dial .

I recommend this procedure to only experienced people.

This is the second time , i open my Fuji S9000. The first time, I glued the small part broken .

Now, it is broken again. Soon ,I will put the solution here.

Good luck !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgustavoam/
Hello fellow Broken S9000 owners.

My command wheel is still attached however it is non-functional so an internal investigation is in order. And yes - I have had previous experience

I followed the very detailed steps in the above link however I am stumped at the point of releasing the top assembly at Step 4 (pushing back on the top assembly while lifting the rear section

I do not wish to force anything and make a bad situation worse so thought I would ask for some guidance on how much pressure is really required.

Thanks
Paul
ve3sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:58 AM   #22

Update,as I had said I would in regard to my son's camera that I brought back from Puerto Rico andthat I have sent to the New Jersey repair center. My son's S9000 would now be out of warranty by about 4 months when I sent it in. Fuiji has responded back to me that they are going to repair his camera free just like they didmine in March, therefore, I believe Fuji has given both he and I the benefit of the doubt in our situation and I do not know if this is somewhat of an admission of a design flaw or not but they have given me, and I presume him also, an additional 90 warranty upon repair for any other problems incurred with our cameras. I say to you that we will remain loyal customers as long as we are treated with this kind of respect and we both continue to really like our S9000's and the capabilities that they have as a "bridge" camera. I fully recommend to each of you that may have the Command Dial problem to be as diplomatic as possible and they will respond accordingly.

Chevy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:07 PM   #23

I read a post from someone (in a forum but can't remember quite where - sorry) who said he'd taken a 9000/9500 apart and had realised that the problem with the command dial was caused by a part being inserted the wrong way round or something.

Anyone know any more about this? If this can be proven, then I'd have thought that anyone with a 9500 whose command dial fails, could demand a repair from fuji no matter how long after the guarantee it breaks... or a replacement with a 9600 or similar immediately, even if the dial hasn't broken. Or force a worldwide recall.

Also, do we know whether this problem is confined to only some 9500s, or all of them? And if it's only some, which??? I've had mine a few months and treating the command dial with some care, although I don't expect this will make much difference.
vertigogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:16 AM   #24

vertigogen wrote:
Quote:
I read a post from someone (in a forum but can't remember quite where - sorry) who said he'd taken a 9000/9500 apart and had realised that the problem with the command dial was caused by a part being inserted the wrong way round or something.

Anyone know any more about this? If this can be proven, then I'd have thought that anyone with a 9500 whose command dial fails, could demand a repair from fuji no matter how long after the guarantee it breaks... or a replacement with a 9600 or similar immediately, even if the dial hasn't broken. Or force a worldwide recall.

Also, do we know whether this problem is confined to only some 9500s, or all of them? And if it's only some, which??? I've had mine a few months and treating the command dial with some care, although I don't expect this will make much difference.
Follow the link in ve3sy's post above. This seems to show that the failure may be due to the plastic shaft not being up to the job and, more importantly, the circuit board with which the shaft mates being glued out of the correct position.
programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 6:03 PM   #25

I was just thinking about contacting them myself.. No Mine has not broke, yet. It's hard to give up my cam. for a week or more.
Fawn Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote