Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:34 PM   #1

At this point I am adding to the discussions of the problemsconcerning the Fuji S9000 command dial. My command dial has just quit working at 1 year and 2 months old and my son's, who lives in Puerto Rico, command dial quit working about a month ago only one month outside the warranty. This is the second set of Fuji's that he and I have owned after both of us having owned the S602Z prior to this upgrade to the S9000. I might add we both love these cameras and the capabilities that they have for the money but are somewhat dismayed that they "both" quit functioning within a month of each other. At this point, I have just sent my camera to New Jersey to the repair service not knowing if I will get any "benefit of the doubt or not" in regard to repairing though they both are out of warranty by a month or so. I certainly do not want to throw them in the trash can and with the price we paid for them around the end of 2005, as this was a new model right off the press, we will be forced to at least consider paying a fee for repair though we are both extremely diasppointed that there is a possible defect, though we cannot prove it. I would not have known this had I not done some reading since mine broke just this past week. I am a person who believes that a company like Fuji should give its loyal customers like me and others at least some kind of break even though the warranty has expired. I do fully plan on buying Fuji products again but will post again should I not be treated fairly or respectfully after I hear from their repair service and I will be sending my son's camera in for repairafterwards to see if his can be repaired also. Stand by for later news.
Chevy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:56 AM   #2

Fuji are very flexable with there warrenty. idropped my s5600 the day i got it. I sent it in for repair , they called me a day latter saying " the damage to your camera is obviosly from a fall , we'll repair it this time but dont do it again.

this pic is from after the fall and before the repair. I love this camera.
I compressed it for the upload the orginal was 5mp.
Attached Images

shaultapuach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:05 AM   #3

Thanks for the information, I genuinely appreciate your optimism as you are simply sharing with me the way Fuji treated you which was more than fair. If I am given the consideration you were given, everything is going to be more than fine! I still think they have the best cameras for the money overall!
Chevy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:10 AM   #4

remember you love the camera its the best you ever had, and your simply heart broken that it doesnt work

tell them that over and over again
:-)
can any body tell me what this is it looks like a rainbow over the sun when i saw it , I had to take a pic taken with the s5600 and an add on circular polarizer 55mm
Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2007, 4:27 PM   #5

lens flare - perfectly normal
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:06 PM   #6

Chevy29 wrote:
Quote:
At this point I am adding to the discussions of the problemsconcerning the Fuji S9000 command dial. My command dial has just quit working at 1 year and 2 months old and my son's, who lives in Puerto Rico, command dial quit working about a month ago only one month outside the warranty. This is the second set of Fuji's that he and I have owned after both of us having owned the S602Z prior to this upgrade to the S9000. I might add we both love these cameras and the capabilities that they have for the money but are somewhat dismayed that they "both" quit functioning within a month of each other. At this point, I have just sent my camera to New Jersey to the repair service not knowing if I will get any "benefit of the doubt or not" in regard to repairing though they both are out of warranty by a month or so. I certainly do not want to throw them in the trash can and with the price we paid for them around the end of 2005, as this was a new model right off the press, we will be forced to at least consider paying a fee for repair though we are both extremely diasppointed that there is a possible defect, though we cannot prove it. I would not have known this had I not done some reading since mine broke just this past week. I am a person who believes that a company like Fuji should give its loyal customers like me and others at least some kind of break even though the warranty has expired. I do fully plan on buying Fuji products again but will post again should I not be treated fairly or respectfully after I hear from their repair service and I will be sending my son's camera in for repairafterwards to see if his can be repaired also. Stand by for later news.
imo: Fuji will probably 'do the right thing'

see: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16

:|
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:50 PM   #7

no i saw this with my eyes
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:46 PM   #8

I think the halo you saw was an Upper Tangent Arc, it is the same angle (22 degrees) above the sun as the two Sundogs are away from the sun. Basically they are caused by light refraction through ice crystals in high clouds. For more details see http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/common.htm, a site which will give the explanation of any halos you may see.
MartinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:43 AM   #9

darnn, I've this problem too with the command dial. I had very very bad experiance with this darnn fuji digital camera as I've been hered from some of my friends about the heavy weakness of fuji Digital cameras, even this semi-profetional one. I lost my money & I'm looking to find a way to sue this stupid company!

sorry to say this much of hating words, but what to do?!
hadidabagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 1:20 AM   #10

Is the one year warranty period expired? If not, you should be able to send it in for repair or replacment. I have owned 5 Fuji cameras and have liked them all. I have the S9100. It's not perfect, but for the money, I think it's not bad.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote