Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:30 AM   #71

Yes I appreciate that. And I'm sure I'll have plenty of frustrations whilst getting acquainted with the new camera. But my logic here is simple; If I'm going to be forced to learn how to use a camera properly, I may as well learn with a DSLR.

If you remember back to my pre-purchase threads when asking about the S9600, I said that I couldn't decide whether to just invest in a DSLR or not.

When it comes to electronics, I either like or dislike something, but I've had a very strange friendship with the S9600. I really like certain aspects of the camera, but I dislike others. When weighed up against each other, the dislikes outweigh the likes.

I've been over to have a play with the camera today, and I really like it.
The store had a 300D and a 350D. And although the 350D is clearly more the more powerful of the two, I actually liked the look and feel of the 300D more!
And there's £140 difference between the two.
The 300D is still more than powerful enough for any amateur such as myself.

And when you consider that I'm getting the new 300D for exactly the same price I paid for the S9600, then there's even more reason for me to snap up this offer.

I've got a buyer for my S9600 here, giving me exactly what I paid for it, although he's getting 2 sets of 3200 AA's and a charger thrown in.

I've had fun experimenting with the S9600 however frustrating it may have been at times. And it is cleary a very nice camera. It's just not the camera for me.

I'll be switching my activity over to the Canon or DSLR boards from tomrrow so I'll sign off here now.

Thanks for your support everybody. It's been very much appreciated.

If you're interested in following my photography adventures in Wales next week, bookmark my personal blog website where I'm blogging everything.

http://www.media.nitenet.co.uk
TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:47 PM   #72

When you nail it with the Fuji the pictures look really nice. There's s steep learning curve to this sort of camera or a D-SLR, hang in there and kep learning. Best of luck to you!

Jim
AutoXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 6:53 AM   #73

Bought my Digital Rebel this morning and I love it!
TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:56 AM   #74

I hate to say I told you so, but I recall telling you to purchase a digital SLR before you bought the 9600. Although you will find it necessary to purchase a lens or two as time goes on, you have a better camera. And the lenses will be usable on your next camera as well. Pricing for digital SLR cameras has changed significantly over recent months, and it has made buying a camera like the 9600 much less attractive, in my opinion. If I hadn't been in such a hurry to get a 9000 when it was first introduced, I would probably have a digital SLR by now.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 9:02 PM   #75

HI! I HAVE THE S9600 FOR A MONTH NOW AND IVE BEEN WONDERING WHY WE CAN NOT CONTROL THE EXPOSURE COMPENSATION ON MANUAL MODE. BOUGHT THIS CAMERA AFTER WE HIRED A PHOTOGRAPER FOR THE SCHOOL JUN SEN PROM. THE TWO RULES OF FILM TURNED OUT UNDEREXPOSED AND WE HAVENT HAD A NICE PICS EXCEPT ON PHONE CAMERA. ILL BE USING THIS CAMERA FOR SCHOOL ACTIVITIES. ANY RECOMMENDATION ON THE EXTERNAL FLASH TO USED AND SETTINGS?
RICHARD
AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER
Attached Images

RTBARRETTO is offline   Reply With Quote