Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:35 PM   #1

After looking at the threads re the S9000 Command dials falling off I am wondering if Fuji have fixed the problem with the S9100/9600, I would like to think so as I will be buying one of these cameras next week.

I also have two S5600s to date no problems.

Cheers

Dave
stillshooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2007, 6:07 AM   #2

Well I couldnt wait till next week to get an S9600, picked one up yesterday, a very nice camera with a very easy to learn menu system, a ten minute fiddle with the camera and thanks to Fuji's sensible layout I had it worked out.

Price in Australia $679au, for an extra $220au I could have had an Olympus E500, brand new in boxes, had the money with me but decided to continue with prosumer type cameras, for me to get involved with DSLRs it will finish up costing me big bucks, frankly at my stage of life age 63 I can do without all the bells and whistles, been there and done that.

Heading off on a 3 week holiday in just over one week (all being well), great chance to take a few shots, just love the manual zoom and focus.

Cheers

Dave.
stillshooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:34 PM   #3

Hope it works out for you......I have some really decent shoots using the S9000 (same thing)

Go easy on the Command Dial until after your holidays....just incase. I think side loading, picking up the camera and putting pressure on the dial with the thumb, kills them.

Get yourself some NmHI batteries. They last a long time. Don't go for the quick charger...they just fry the batteries.
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote