Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 23, 2003, 2:02 AM   #1

Default did any one hear about the latest s3000,s5000,s7000

hi, there are speculations that new fuji models s3000,s5000 and s7000 shall be released . check out the links :
http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1058863826.html
if anybodys got more info about it ........lets hear it here . i hav been waitin for a worthy heir to 602 for a long time .
nutty_me!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2003, 3:20 AM   #2

My question is, should one wait to buy a s602?

Does anyone know when the new camera will be released?
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 9:36 AM   #3

Check this out.

Greetz,
M-Jay
M-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 11:32 AM   #4

It is unlikely the s5000 will replace the s602. The s7000, quite likely. The s5000 is a long zoom with a smaller size sesnor of the same photosite count as the s602..... it would likely yeild lower image quality(lens and higer noise). The price point also suggests that it is not a replacement. More likely, it is a new entry into the Fuji line up to compete with cams such as the Olympus C750 niche.

The s7000 was first rumored on the dpreview site fuji form many months ago from a person that claimed they were at an electronics trade show and saw a picture and informatin on this camera from a fuji rep. At that time, people wrote this off as pure speculation. But now, it is beginning to see like the person may have some credibility....

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 7:09 PM   #5
Administrator

Well, I'm not under NDA and what I know so far is that the S5000 replaces the Finepix 3800 next month with the newer SuperCCD SR sensor for 3mp/6mpixel resolution and a 10x zoom. The S602Z will be replaced by the S7000 around October and will have the 6mp/12mpixel SuperCCD HR sensor and an upgraded EVF display. And the much delayed F700 is supposed to be shipping in the next couple of weeks.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 2:43 AM   #6

Default hi

i guess i shall wait for some time...for the reasons:
:idea: firstly, once these new cams are released .i bet 602z shall be less costlier. thsi means that i am still not ruling out 602z out of my shopping list
:idea: secondly, the third gen super ccd promises to be better than second gen and hence the artifacts should be lesser ....although to say anything about the quality would be too early to remark .
:idea: thirdly, after waiting for so long i guess a fair chance should be given to fuji as any implementation of new technology takes time .
:arrow: the features i look forward to besides better camera are:
twistable lcd like the nikon 5000 and also movie recording in divx format which would certainly improve the cost factor of using compact flashes , microdrives etc.
what dya think? :?:
Old Jul 26, 2003, 10:20 PM   #7

Let me add to the wishlist;
A simle glass viewfinder besides lcd screen (works best in dark light pictures).
External mic input for movies, making zoom possible will shooting movie.
Shutter release cable input.
Twistable flashlight (twisting the flash light makes more sense to me than twisting the lcd)

I hope they solved the dark focus problem.
Does anyone know if this 6 m/12 m Pixel camera would come in the same price range as the Fuji S602?
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 12:51 AM   #8

Default hey.....did i forget something

oh yes i forgot the infra red for difficult focussing and also an upgrade from a 64 segmented matrix to 256 segmented matrix .
Old Jul 28, 2003, 7:17 AM   #9

Default Re: hey.....did i forget something

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty_me!!!
oh yes i forgot the infra red for difficult focussing and also an upgrade from a 64 segmented matrix to 256 segmented matrix .
I find most nightshot aid with beams, may it be infra-red or white light very intrusive at times (city landscapes for instance). Whatever they use to make nightfocus possible, also make it also possible to shut it of.

my 0.05 c opinion; The infra red grid thing looks agressive if used on people. Maybe Sony F717 user have a different sound.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:47 PM   #10

well the 5000 can't replace the 3800 ... it is way too big physically.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote