Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 26, 2003, 3:37 AM   #1

Default flash, memory and adaptor rings...

Hello!

Colour me happy!
I have just purchased my s602 after a month of deciding backwards and forwards and sleepless nights of pouring over reviews....hehe

So here are some questions I have and I would appreciate it a million if anyone had any input:

1) Do I tick "yes" to adapter ring if I put one on with a uv filter to protect the lens?
(Or do you only tick "yes" if you are using tele, wideangle lenses...)

2) I have bought a Sandisk SmartMedia Card 128mb, and am considereing one more......would that be a wise choice, considering all the talk about lost photoes on memory cards??

3) Which gives the better quality?
a) 6M, normal
b) 3M fine
I notice that you get about the same amount of photoes out of each selection on a memory card....

and finally....I have looked through the forum and seen that people have asked and no-one has answered, so if you know anything, please coment on this....
4) Is there anything in particular you need to look for when considering an external flash?
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2003, 3:05 PM   #2

Default flash, memory and adaptor rings...

1) I have a a tube extension and a UV filter on mine and do not use the adapter ring setting. Don't have a teleconverter yet.

2) I have 3 128mb memory cards, two I bought, one thanks to a 3rd place in at the POTD at this site in June, 2 64 mb cards and a 16 mb card that came with the camera. Have yet to lose a pic on a smart media card.

3) I shoot 99% of my photos at 3m Fine and like it. If you have one you think you are going to enlarge by all means shoot at 6m

4) Not really just a good one. I have a Vivitar 283 for mine, works quite well.

If you would like to see some of the photos I have taken with me S602Z go to:

http://k1par.tripod.com

The 2003 Little League photos and the Machiasport training fire were taken with that camera.
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 3:03 PM   #3

Thankyou K1par,
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 3:51 PM   #4

...........Do I tick "yes" to adapter ring if I put one on with a uv filter to protect the lens?
(Or do you only tick "yes" if you are using tele, wideangle lenses...)

The yes/no option to adaptor ring is to turn off the additional focus assist using Infra Red. If you look at the front of the camera you'll spot the IR window. With lenses fitted, this can get obscured, so they thought the IR focusing might get confused, hence the option to say there's a tube (turn IR focus off) or no tube.

You still have the normal thru lens ccd AF.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote