Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 27, 2003, 6:22 PM   #11

Yes, there's no thread on the lens, The extension tube is a pain as you need to buy a bigger camera bag!

........Great! How well does it perform for low light shots? Have you tried?

Go have a look at Boo's pics:

http://www.boo-photos.co.uk/
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 9:47 PM   #12

"Thank you all for your input, I have decided to go ahead and start saving up for this particular camera" I haven't bought it yet.
Explicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 5:42 PM   #13
djb

yup!!!!! what everybody else said!!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 3:35 PM   #14

Okay, I just read this review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujis602z

This has kind of made me think that the 602z isn't such a great camera after all. Is it just this guy's style to bash everything about a camera and not do a proper review to show both the ups and downs of the product? Or is the 602z more than it is cracked up to be for the price?
Old Aug 20, 2003, 4:24 PM   #15

Since you found the review on DPreview, you should have gone and had a look at the Fuji Forum. Perhaps a little annoying for other Fuji cam owners, but the whole forum is dominated by 602 users who like me have had their cameras longer than the reviewer, and have learned how to take good pictures as opposed to shooting test charts. The fact that this camera is still highly respected and still compared favourably against Fuji's new models says a lot.

Of course the technical aspects of the review all make sense. For example, there is lens distortion at full wide angle, but most prosumer cams suffer this to some extent.

There's not much that's a quantum leap away from the 602 in features and price BUT I'm watching talk on the new Canon 300EOS 6Mpix DSLR. This cam is likely going to give the high end Nikon and Minolta prosumer cams a bit of a fright! VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 4:47 PM   #16
djb

does anyone seem to think (like i do for now) that the 3MP setting seems much crisper and sharper than the 6MP setting?? it appears that way to me. i had taken a test shot quite a while ago in both 3MP & 6MP of the same object. same distance and such. the 3MP seemed much sharper than the 6MP shot. do all of you shoot in 6MP fine normally??

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 7:03 PM   #17

The pictures of the wrestlers above: In the background it looks a little noisey, would that be fixable the more I learn with the camera?

I'm just being cautious about this because it is alot of money...

Would the 602z be able to take as detailed shots as this:
http://www.photozo.com/album/showpho...cat=500&page=1

I know that the camera used costs alot more, but I'm just wondering...
Old Aug 20, 2003, 8:54 PM   #18

Explicit,

Since you are riding the fence on the Fuji s602, have you looked at a multitude of pics from it? You can at photosig, by using the camera type filter, or by going here:

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/browse?id=6319

or

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/browse?id=6321

There is 2 of them, becuase photosig allows a variety of camera names, and noboby really standardizes on them. You will find great, good & bad pics, and a variety of types be it landscape, action, etc.

As for the landscape you wondered about, the Fuji s602 can do that good or darn near that good, but a lot of it is the photographer too.
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 8:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
does anyone seem to think (like i do for now) that the 3MP setting seems much crisper and sharper than the 6MP setting?? it appears that way to me. i had taken a test shot quite a while ago in both 3MP & 6MP of the same object. same distance and such. the 3MP seemed much sharper than the 6MP shot. do all of you shoot in 6MP fine normally??

dennis
I haven't noticed any real difference between them to be honest. That said I still shoot in 6mp "just in case" it manages to squeeze out an extra bit of quality, unless I know I'm going to be filling up a card before I can get to a computer, in which case I use 3mp.
MrPogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 9:53 AM   #20

Default Gently Used S602

Is anyone upgrading cameras and looking to sell their S602?
[email protected]
nosoup4u is offline   Reply With Quote