Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:59 PM   #1

IF I WERE TO REINSTALL THE DISK (FINE PIX VIEWER) TO INSTALL MISSING DATA WOULD I LOSE ALL MY PHOTOS THAT ARE INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER IN FINE PIX VIEWER.:-?

WINGNUT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:19 PM   #2

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING...I would create a new folder on my computer and move all of my pictures there (just to be on the safe side).

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 5:21 AM   #3

Lets think about this...

what is the software called... Finepix VIEWER.. ie it only looks at photos.. it does NOT store them. they are stored as normal on your PC. The pictures are not "installed"

Notice on the Left Hand Side of finepix there is a bar showing the location of the pictures.. (if its not there enable Folder View)

now i'd only be concerened if you put the pictures in the same foulder as finepix is installed!

HOWEVER, uninstall programs are just a "script" to delete specific files and information from a pc.. it knows exactly what files to take away and it only takes them away.. then the final stage is this:

IF the directory is empty, delete it.. on other words if you have your photos in it, it isnt empty so the folder wont delete... therefore your pictures wouldnt be lost...

If they were dont you think there would've been a LOT more complaints already???
ceecrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote