Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 27, 2003, 5:19 PM   #1

Default Fuji S602 zoom

I'm also looking at a 602. I mainly want to capture sporting events and some at night. I think the 602 should do what I want. I have a friend who has one, is very pleased, and is willing to help me out which makes the decision much easier. My question is about the successor to the 602. I hear there is another camera coming out nearer the end of the year that will be very similar to the 602. My source said it may switch from compact flash and smart media to xD. He didn't know of any other changes. Does anyone out there know anything about this new camera? I called Fuji and they won't release any info and say the 602 hasn't been discontinued although four retailers told me it was. BTW, the only other camera I'm considering is the Olympus C-740 or C-750 with the 10X optical.
mut8DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2003, 6:37 PM   #2

Only speculation exists about the new camera to replace the s602. No tmie is known for release or features. Speculation states: 6mp sensor/12 mp file output ,xd/microdrive media. That's really about it.

You specify use for sports use and mention Olympus c740 and c750. Note that these are not good cameras for sports use(VERY HIG NOISE in hi iso settings and bad AF lag and slow cycle times).

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 9:38 AM   #3

So it sounds like the S7000 is the one. Maybe I will wait until October. Right now, I can buy the 602 for $699. If the 7000 comes in at $799, I think it's worth the wait.
mut8DNA is offline   Reply With Quote