Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 6, 2007, 7:07 PM   #1

The S700 is supposed to shoot up to 1.4 fps in the 3-shot continuous mode. I am unable to get more than about 2 or 3 frames in about five seconds. I have tried this outdoors in bright light in Auto mode. Any suggestions on how to achieve the 1.4 fps speed?
fujifoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2007, 7:19 PM   #2

From the way you describe the results of your testing, it doesn't sound like you have used any precision timing in order to get an accurate frame right. If you divide three frames into five seconds it comes out about 1.67 fps. That is pretty close to the 1.4 fps. Yes, it is off by 1/4 second, but I don't think you will get any closer. Digital SLR cameras are typically able to shoot anywhere from 3-5 fps. They are much better suited for the kind of shooting you want to do.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 8:47 PM   #3

This thread should have been entitled "Continuous Confusion". First, I was confused because I thought the OP was referring to the S7000. Then, I was confused by JP's approach to mathematics. If you divide 3 frames by 5 seconds, you get 0.6 frames per second. That by the way, would be the correct shooting rate if you had the S700 in the long-period continuous shooting mode. Are you sure you had the camera in top 3 mode? If you were in the top 3 mode, the only way I can see you getting that slow a performance would be if you were using a fairly slow shutter speed. Try setting the shutter speed to 1/1000, set the camera to top 3 and fire away. You should get close to 1.4 frames per second (or 7 frames in 5 seconds).

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 9:09 PM   #4

I didn't say divide three frames BY five seconds, I said divide three frames INTO five seconds.
Old May 6, 2007, 9:35 PM   #5

I know what you said, but if you divide 3 frames into 5 seconds, you get 1.67 seconds per frame, not 1.67 frames per second. The camera is incapable of shooting faster than 1.4 frames per second - that is the max.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 9:49 AM   #6

I never have been very good at math. I avoided it like the plague when I was in school. My thinking was definitely not right. But the scary part is that I'm in charge of the departmental accounting program in our department at the University. It is a program that I wrote several years ago. I hope nobody from my department reads this forum. Thanks for straightening me out.:?