Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:34 AM   #11

This is a photo of some Catnip which I took just to show that you can have the middle of the flower in focus, yet the front edge and behind blurred. This gives a tiny zone which you can move around to enhance the image. Very cool!
Attached Images

Dogsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:19 PM   #12

Dogsmoke-

Thanks for the photos. Certainly the macro is very impressive. My S-700 (that is what the camera is called here in the USA) is scheduled for delivery today (June 12th), so I am most eager to get my hands on it and to beginwith a fewevaluation photos, which of course I will be posting here in the Forum.

On paper at least, and that is borne out by your post, the S-700/S-5700 seems to be the ideal camera for a family or a person who really wants to just delve a bit deeper into photography.

Sarah

Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:38 PM   #13

Dogsmokeand mtclimberi have the s700. had it nearly 3 weeks now and have been shooting pictures every day with it,and i have yet to take a photo half as nice as the ones you 2 posted here.

i can,t get a decent sharp photo like that no how,my pics look sick compared 2 those shots.

please both of you tell me what settings you used. did you use Auto,P,A etc,and what was everything set at,i want so desperately to take a good shot like one of yours posted.

i,ve been nearly in tears this last couple of days because i just flunk at trying to get a nice photo like that,i,m nearly ready to toss the camera out and call it quits cause i just don,t understand what i,m doing with this thing.
CoolD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:43 PM   #14

Dogsmokeand mtclimberi have the s700. had it nearly 3 weeks now and have been shooting pictures every day with it,and i have yet to take a photo half as nice as the ones you 2 posted here.

i can,t get a decent sharp photo like that no how,my pics look sick compared 2 those shots.

please both of you tell me what settings you used. did you use Auto,P,A etc,and what was everything set at,i want so desperately to take a good shot like one of yours posted.

i,ve been nearly in tears this last couple of days because i just flunk at trying to get a nice photo like that,i,m nearly ready to toss the camera out and call it quits cause i just don,t understand what i,m doing with this thing.

OH Shoot a double post,sorry,don,t know how that happened.

PS: i have the s700 FugiFilm too.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:53 PM   #15

Cool,

Why don't you post a couple of your pics here, and maybe one of us can figure out what you are doing wrong. Don't panic...

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 9:39 AM   #16

CoolD-

I agree with rinnie. If we could see a photo, we could make a better evaluation. As for myself, I have been using the P for Program Mode on the Mode Selector and using Auto ISO limited to ISO 800, it is a Photometery selection (the f button on the back of the camera. My advice is to stay away from the Auto Mode.

It has really worked well, and I only received the camer yesterday (06/12) afternoon. CoolD we are willing to work with you. However, a sample of one of your photos that you do not like is essential to solving the problem.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:04 PM   #17

CoolD,
No magic - used the P setting and made sure the shutter speed was fast enough for handheld. To be honest I find anything above 125th fine. Also lock the focus on the thing you want to be sharp - ie move the focussing square onto the object you want sharp, then press the shutter button down halfway to lock, then move the camera to frame the picture (keeping shutter button half pressed), and then press shutter down fully to take the picture.

If you take a duff picture, press the play button (green arrow) and then press the +/- to get the information on the setting you've used. You can then easily check whether the shutter was too slow, and the display will also highlight any overexposed areas. Very handy!
Dogsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 8:17 PM   #18

ok,here comes a couple shots i took this evening.

This of the drake using Auto mode and zoomed in some but not alot as i was only about 20 ft away sitting in my car taking pics with the window down.

see,no wheres near as sharp or as nice with clarity as you guys's photos.

and i took these photos just an hour ago and am posting after reding your replies,so yup,i took much of my photos this evening in Auto.

Attached Images

Old Jun 13, 2007, 8:32 PM   #19

this one in marco auto mode

nice but not sharp
Attached Images

Old Jun 13, 2007, 8:33 PM   #20

another in marco and auto

not sharp like you guys
Attached Images