Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 2, 2007, 12:06 PM   #51

All your pics are 72 dpi because thats all your monitor can handle. But if you notice you picture size is 42 inches x 32 inches. When you reduce that down to 4x6, 5x7, 8.5 x 11 the dpi changes and in fact increases. It will increase to the abilities of your printer. It also enables larger blow up sizes the bigger your original file is in respect to its 42 x 32. This size is, by the way, the size you get at 7.1 Megapixel. I imagine at smaller Megapixel size the overall dimensions will be smaller. Thus decreasing your maximum printing size. Hope this helps you.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:39 AM   #52

I ran into this beautiful doe on the weekend. Shot her with my Fuji S700.
Attached Images

Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:53 AM   #53

i owned the fuji s-5000 until my house was broken in to.. i thought it was a super camera.. which lead me to the fuji s700.. i am sure i will replace my lost camera with the new s-700 for the money you cant beat it.. wish it had a lens hood for it to make it stand out more..a pedal hood would be cool.. i hate the chrome ring on the front of the camera.. but the screen and all the other nice features make t a very good investment..
jimi webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 7:57 PM   #54

jimi I purchased a step up ring 46mm to 49mm for 6 bucks and am able to use all my accessories from my Pentax 35mm camera. This includes a lens hood as well as polarizing lens and other trick lenses. This is one sweet camera and feels great in the hand.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 9:09 AM   #55

I took this using a tripod and I was surprised how well it came out!

ISO 200
1/10 sec using Aperture Priorty
F 13.6
Gordon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:05 AM   #56

Gordon D, hi, that is a great picture thank you for sharing.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:50 AM   #57

Thanks Flutelady, I must admit I didn't think the camera would be able to do it but I was pleasantly surprised by the results.
Gordon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 7:24 PM   #58

Gordon-

The Fuji S-700/S-5700 is a very capable camera. While it does not have the high ISO capability of the other Fuji Cameras, it is still a wonderful camera.

Here is one of my S-700 sample shots.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:49 PM   #59

Hi guys,

I'm fourteen, and will be getting this camera for my birthday, which is in about two and half weeks. I love taking portraits and self portraits, and I also love taking pictures of outdoors and such. I've read a ton about this camera, trying to get ready for the settings and what to expect. I have found this forum to be the most helpful.
This camera will be replacing my Finepix V10. I have a feeling i'll know the jist of things, since the V10 had settings that were very similar if not the same.
I used Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10 to edit most of the photos I took with that camera. Hopefully most of you will be familliar with this program.. because i'd like to know if you think it would be suitable to edit photos that I take with the S700.

Also,

I'm wanting to get better at taking photos now that i'm going to get this lovely new camera. Before, I just took self portraits and then edited the brightness and contrast to add a neat color effect or brighten a photo. (In this post at the bottom, are two self-portraits. The first one is barely edited at all. I moved the contrast and brighten bars forward just slightly. I would love to be able to get the shadowing from my face, but i'm not sure how. Any tips? The second one, however, is heavily brightened and contrasted to make the grass greener, my shirt brighter, ect. I later found out I shouldn't have used flash on it, because it made it too harsh and the light is visible on the grass. These were both taken with my V10.)
I would really like to learn how to edit photos in different ways besides just that... if you could tell me, that'd be great.

And...

If you could give me better photo editing tips and anything else that might be helpful, it would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to be a critic.. I don't mind learning from obvious pros. You can also play around with these photos and edit them in ways you would have if you were me, to show me better effects.

Thanks!

Ashley-Jayne

Here are those two photos, which aren't resized... sorry! --

Ashley-Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:10 AM   #60

think everyones pics are really good! I found this place while searching for ways and settings to improve shots, and this place has been great for tips.

Here are a few pics that I have taken with my Fuji S700 ive had it for about a month and LOVE it, its definatly a well invested family camera

kay not sure how to get them to attach....so im gonna post a couple links

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...tsnowfall3.jpg

This one I just took this morning actually its our first snow fall

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/DSCF0059.jpg

Bubbling Rock

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/DSCF0030.jpg

Flower

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...7/DSCF0045.jpg

Deer

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...7/DSCF0041.jpg

Swan

lauralei is offline   Reply With Quote