Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 31, 2003, 8:25 AM   #11

Another similar discussion ith new sample photo url. The samples of the S5000 at home.fuji.com are somwhat improved in quality compared to sample photos url I posted earlier here.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 11:52 AM   #12

Default Fuji's Specialty

Fuji has a habit of providing sample images from their cameras in their most unflattering modes! If my s602 produced images typical of the shots FujiFilm provides(or at least used too) as samples I would never have considered this device. A related issue is that the in-cam noise reducttion and sharpening system in Fuji cams is typically are so agressive that they are effectively 'worthless' unless you only intend to print a 4x6" size. You must switch these to minimum settings(SOFT mode) to eliminate the distortions you typically see in Fuji sample shots(a smoothed over look with no fine detail, a dirty grit like black noise speckles, high overall noise, severe halo, jaggies). Post processing is required if you care for hi quality images that avoid these distortions.

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 1:24 PM   #13

Oops, did forget <shift insert> movement http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=5716106
Old Jul 31, 2003, 1:24 PM   #14

Oops, did forget <shift insert> movement http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=5716106
Old Jul 31, 2003, 3:12 PM   #15

I see test pic 4 is clipped with noise. Even the Fuji experts seem to have difficulty taking good pics! Perhaps they should leave it to the experts here to take some decent pics. Which I'm sure Steve will do, when he gets a camera to review.

http://home.fujifilm.com/products/di.../sample04.html
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 8:33 PM   #16

Actually it is charming honest of Fuji to take the photos at 200 asa/iso, some parts of the world lack 356 x 12 hours a day sunshine. Winter light might even force the user above 50' latitude to 400 asa. (hint , hint to Steve; review sites lack action shots at 400 asa in dimm outdoor light)

The noise is half as bad as in their first green sample series (first url in this line)