Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 14, 2007, 6:48 AM   #1

I have a finepix s5500 and a new s6500. Problem iss I cannot get the finepix software to work even though PC up to spec using Xp pro, it just crashes. The only way I can get images is to put the card from the 6500 into the 5500 and use panasonic lumix software, this does not work with the 6500.

Is the finepix software known to be a problem, if so is there any other that can be used? Wish I still had Mac with i photo. S 6500 is a fantastic camera but the software appears hopeless.
himitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2007, 10:14 AM   #2

I installed the FinePix Viewer software and played around with it a little bit, but I have never seriously use it for anything, not even for downloading pictures. I keep thinking I'm going to remove it from my computer, but I never use it and seldom even see the menu shortcut for it, so it just sits on my computer.

You should be able to just use Windows Explorer to locate your images on the card, and simply drag them to a folder on your hard drive. You don't have to use any special software to download your images.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 7:17 PM   #3

jp is correct - you don't need camera software to upload pics into your computer. However, if you want to use it, you should be able to. I doubt that it's the FinePixViewer software - it's probably your computer.

What version of FinePixViewer is installed on your computer? You need Ver.5.300E to work with your S6500Fd. If you have an earlier version still installed, it may be causing conflicts with the later version. Try uninstalling both versions, then install the later version. If it still doesn't work, your computer may have defective autoplay settings. Try this link and download the Autoplay Repair Wizard from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 8:04 AM   #4

Thanks guys, I think it probably is the computer but notice can import fron photoshop so will do that from now on
himitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 7:00 PM   #5

Don't let your computer dictate what will work and what won't...what if your computer decides that photoshop isn't going to work anymore - or windows? What then - buy a new computer? Why do we accept poor performance from our machines? Why do we look for workarounds, rather than fix the problems? Be the boss in your house - tell your computer what to do!

I'd better take it a little easy...my computer doesn't like it when I do this...

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote