Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 22, 2007, 7:59 PM   #91

Cyber, your photos are great.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 6:53 PM   #92

I was out taking photos ;ocally with my Fuji S-700 and though I would share a bit about our part of the USA. As some of you already know,we live in the far southwestern corner of the state of Oregon. What is unique about our part of Oregon is that in a small 8 mile north to south strip of landborderingthe Pacific Coast, we grow over 80% of all the Easter Lillies sold in the United States.

The Easter Lilly market is composed of two segments. The fresh plants are sold each spring in celbration of Easter, the balance of the market is in producing the bulbs (just like Tulips) so that Easter Lillies can be planted and raised in other locations around the world. Bulb production is the important crop at this time of year. First the ground is sterlized and the sprinkler pipe set in place. Just below you can see a nearby field, just adjacent to the Pacific Ocean, which you can see in the background of the photo. Sets will be planted to create Easter Lilly bulbs for the future. Sets are nothing more than a precisely sliced up Easter Lilly bulbs.

Here is what the prepared field looks like just before the "sets" are planted.

And here some Easter Lilly plants about half way through their growth cycle to becoming Easter lilly bulbs.

In another 6 weeks as the plant begins todry out, the plants are pulled out of the ground. The head or foilage is cut off, and then the remaining bulbs are carefully dried to be sold as bulbs

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 1:59 AM   #93

Hi Sarah. Nice pics and informative story too. Thanks. I see in the last pic you used the sky from your bag of tricks.
My pic today is a sunset over a hay field.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:44 AM   #94

Bynx-

I like the hayfields at sunset a lot. The golden quality of the light, at sunset, definitely adds to the color of thee hay. Yes, I would add some clouds, but that is just how my mind's eye works. All in all, it is a very pleasing photo, Bynx.

Here is an existing light no flash photo taken in a Medical Lab at ISO 800 under flourescent lighting. It is nothing to write home about, but it does show that the S-700 can be used at elevates ISO settings.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:48 AM   #95

Gee Sarah. I spent most of Thursday in and out of a chair just like that giving blood. Thanks for the reminder. :blah:

By the way just for your info I found out last nite that pics altered in Photoshop should be saved with the sRGB profile so they display properly in the forum here. I was having trouble getting that but with the help here its understood now. Without the sRGB profile pics show lighter and less saturated.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 5:19 PM   #96

Something new for me. I gave this picture the Orton Effect
Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:51 AM   #97

Dang... i like a lot that effect !! how do you do it?

Today i went to downtown here in Guadalajara, Mexico. Let me show you something about my city and what you can find here

If you want to see the complete serie, here it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberma...7601691635935/

Hope you like it, and leave a comment if you like

cybermaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 1:11 AM   #98

Hi Cyber...to do the Orton Effect open your picture in Photoshop. Select all and cut. Then paste. Under IMAGE -- APPLY IMAGE -- 100% SCREEN. Paste again this time applying Gaussian Blurr of approx 25%. Under Layers change from Normal to MULTIPLY. Then flatten image. This is the basic principle. Now you can fiddle with the settings to get the exact effect you want. This doesnt do well with all types of pics but woodland settings looks fine. Nice dreamy quality. For a further explanation goto:
http://www.naturephotographers.net/a.../dw0106-1.html
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:34 PM   #99

Hi Folks

I'm still having lots of fun and learning at the same time with the S5700.

Here's a shot from my daughter's school musical/play she produced. It's taken from the 2nd row (hand held) at ISO 1600 in fairly difficult colored light with action from the performers.I usedsmall a mount of zoom and the photo has been cropped a bit.

EXIF: f3.5 at 1/105th sec. fl=9mm ISO 1600

It's not great butshows that the camera can take useable high ISO shots in low light.

Cheers

Rob

Attached Images

Rob Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:10 PM   #100

Not bad at all Rob. Even under fluorescent lights the colors dont look bad at all.